What Do You Think This New Baby Oranda Will Look Like?

kazaba

new.jpg

He's kinda brownish/greenish looking on top and has a white belly... will be interesting to see! :)

Has anyone ever seen/had an oranda that looked like this at some point?

Agreed with Amy, your young Oranda displays the color of fry. Very hard to say what color it will grow in to, and if it will even stay that color. They can change color at least two to three times in their lifetime!

Ahem... (In my best Batman voice)

Goldfish are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. :tomato:

Aww, yeah he's such a cutie thanks everyone! :) I definitely will be documenting this, the changes a goldfish can go through is probably one of my favorite things about them!

As of yet I haven't had one that's gone through a dramatic colour change...maybe I just have a knack for picking stable colours :idont Or Rusty's waiting until I least expect it...I'll go home this weekend and find she's turned pink or something :rofl

Cute little fishie ;)

You can't go by size to tell age unfortunately, my tiniest fish is also my oldest if the guy at the store was right in guessing the bigger fish's ages based on how old the supplier usually sells them to the store and how long they'd been there when I got them. Rusty's only about 2.5-3" including her tail but I've had her a year in 2 weeks, she's definitely not a juvenile. She was 1" long when I got her and didn't have any fry colour left, she's from a chain store and bred for numbers. The care a fish is given in the first few weeks of life can play a huge part in how fast they grow.

Unfortunately I had to return the fish this evening :(

He was really not doing well, his belly had swelled to twice the size it was originally, he stayed on the bottom of the tank and wouldn't/couldn't eat. He also had ich after only a day or two of quarantine, then things just seemed to go downhill from there. I'm not sure what happened, but it's sad :( poor little guy.

Yeah, I agree, but it will be a while before I start looking for another... By the way your fish Hugo is stunning!!! I love his coloration, it sort of looks like animal print. So unique! :thumbs:

Yeah, I agree, but it will be a while before I start looking for another... By the way your fish Hugo is stunning!!! I love his coloration, it sort of looks like animal print. So unique! :thumbs:

Actually it is a girl :D I didn't know when I named her... I know, the name is confusing. I gotta add little gender symbols to the pictures LOL