Man, It's Been A Bad Time..two In A Row

Well, I had to euthanize Snow today after losing Hamlet a week ago...one of my RG telescopes, what a difficult thing to do. She's had progressively worsening SBD and it's finally got to the point where she was so weak that she couldn't even swim for her food, and she didn't have the strength to swim away from the filter intakes. I knew it was coming...she just kept getting worse and worse, and I knew it couldn't be helped or prolonged. Luckily the rest of the herd is doing fine and I know they'll hang in there for me. I read how Susan said it was so difficult to euthanize, and believe me..IT IS. It's been a fun nine months, Snow, I won't forget you. Aloha little friend!

Snow when she was feeling good...

814n.jpg

Snow checking out the new kid...

01.jpg

Snow in Hawaii

6.jpg

Snow in Hawaii

7.jpg

Guest Mike and Linda

I know it can be hard when you loose a favorite fish that you like. I feel for you. I had to do one also and you seem to get attached to these fish. Sorry for your loss.

Guest Mike and Linda

I find that fixing fish is so difficult. Just read alot on swim bladder and see what solutions that they have. i hope you don't loose your fish. Take care.

Dennis I was so sad to read this especially since you just lost Hamlet. :cry1 Doing what you did for Snow was very courageous and selfless. :heart She gave you nine wonderful months and you gave her freedom from what was becoming a very difficult life. She was lucky to have you. :hug

Oh Dennis I am so sorry to hear of tis :( Snow was one of my favs of your hear so very pretty :) may she R.I.P.:( It seems a lot of bad luck with sbd is going around (knocks on wood) I do hope the rest of your herd continues to thrive :)

I know how you feel. It's very hard to euthanize. I had to do it last year. I hope you don't lose anymore for a loooooong loooooong time. RIP, Snow.