My Clan

Hi to everyone.

I have been looking at the site for a while now so feel it only fair that I introduce myself and the rabble in the tank!

I originally started out with Frank and Frankie (Unfortunately Frank passed away a couple of weeks ago) :(

Then i began to expand after buying a larger tank, and these are the current inhabitants :)

I would like to apologise in advance for some of the blurry pictures, but these guys never stay still long enough!

First up is Lionel:

DSC_0095.jpg

Frankie:

DSC_0103.jpg

Sooty:

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

Rolly:

DSC_0099.jpg

Sarge:

DSC_0110.jpg

And lastly Lucky. He got his name after and unfortunate accident during a water change. His curiosity and my concentration lapse when siphoning the water ended with his head getting stuck in the tube and having two very large gouges of flesh removed. He has now fully recovered and staying well clear during water changes!

His tail is interesting as it is one piece and not split in two like all other fish and also has no wen. This is why i fell in love with him!

DSC_0107.jpg

Welcome to Koko's :)

What a beautiful little clan you have :) any chance of a top view of your lucky?I would love to see his tail ;) And Absolutely Beautiful Tank you have :) Thanks for sharing all your pic's with us :)

Thanks! I will try my hardest to get a picture but he does like to wiggle it around a lot so may prove quite a task!

:)

Thanks for such a nice welcome!

I am not really sure what lucky is. I bought him from a LFS and he was in with a variety of other fancies. He was very very small when i first got him probably about an inch long, and has since grown lots!

The tank is quite heavily decorated and requires lots of cleaning (we all know how messy they guys can be!) but it is always worth it!

Sarge is the latest recruit to the tank and is a fair bit bigger than the rest. At first he was a bit aggressive towards the others. I presume this was what he was used to back at the shop where he had to compete with all the other fish in the overcrowded tank. He has since calmed down a lot and gets along just fine with everyone and competition for food is minimal now so they all get their fair share!

Thanks for such a nice welcome!

I am not really sure what lucky is. I bought him from a LFS and he was in with a variety of other fancies. He was very very small when i first got him probably about an inch long, and has since grown lots!

The tank is quite heavily decorated and requires lots of cleaning (we all know how messy they guys can be!) but it is always worth it!

Sarge is the latest recruit to the tank and is a fair bit bigger than the rest. At first he was a bit aggressive towards the others. I presume this was what he was used to back at the shop where he had to compete with all the other fish in the overcrowded tank. He has since calmed down a lot and gets along just fine with everyone and competition for food is minimal now so they all get their fair share!

My tele Freckles has a tail like that, but he's so small, and I can see his tail is just starting to split, so I reckon your Lucky's tail is just like his baby tail and has loads of opportunity to grow (imagine what the tail could be like in two years time!)

Love your tank set up too :)