A Couple New Videos

Sakura

How beautiful Sakura! Little Breeches and I just love your videos. Between the music and the zen vibe of your gorgeous friends, we like to watch them again and again. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks guys, I'm glad you all like the videos! :D Yeah, the UV is totally doing its job! At first I didn't notice a difference, but after a few days of having the UV running there was a very distinct difference. Both in water clarity, and in fish activity level. They seem so much happier and busier now.

Oh, the tank is 75 gallons. I actually like this size a lot. It's manageable, but yet you can fit a decent amount of fish in there without overcrowding. Lots of wiggle room- quite literally :)

Sakura , Your tank looks fantastic , and Your fish look very healthy and spunky .

I loved the videos , especially the second one where They are nibbling at Your fingers , but I have to ask You about the music in the first video.....I love it , what is it ?

I loved the music too! I just used the AudioSwap feature on YouTube. I had a real hassle with it this time, it just would not load the track I wanted. I eventually had to delete and re-upload the video and then it worked. The track was called "Experimental" by Musicshake. That's all I know :)

I loved the music too! I just used the AudioSwap feature on YouTube. I had a real hassle with it this time, it just would not load the track I wanted. I eventually had to delete and re-upload the video and then it worked. The track was called "Experimental" by Musicshake. That's all I know :)

Thank You , I will check it out :thanks

Thanks! Isis is no longer living and she's not in the video, did you mean Ino? Ino and Toad are long-tailed ryukins. Toad is a bronze, and Ino is a red and white. Padme is (and Isis was) a butterfly telescope. Padme is a blue, and Isis was a lavender.

Toad is a Ryukin? How big and old is he? It seems he has a heavy bottom like my Vanille, but also not big hump like she does. And she's still little. But the basic shape is so much alike, even the shape and length of tail fins!

Yep Toad is a ryukin. I'm not sure how old he is because I bought him from Dandy Orandas, and before that he came all the way from China! :) I think his body size is about three to four inches. The hump is not the only standout characteristic of ryukins. Their characteristics include:

-Short body, not elongated at all. Body shape is circular when viewed from the side.

-Most have very large, round, and deep bellies (contributes to the circular shape).

-Pointed head shape, small head compared to the rest of the body.

-Prominent hump (Toad does have a hump, his back is not smooth) Size and shape of the hump can vary by fish.

-Dorsal fin is normally reminiscent of a mohawk.

That's all I can think up right now... :)

• Supporter

sakura, gawd, how did i miss this? they're beautiful.. i love the bond you have with them.. they're very trusting in you which means you're a great fish mummy... it's so good to see you enjoying them after the difficult times you've been through in recent.. good work!