One More Question...

Kerstin

Hi there,

I have one more question... (as of now. I'm sure there'll be more later). How long do I have to have the tank set up with the heater running before I can put the betta in. I never had a tank with a heater in it before and don't want to have any nasty surprises. it's a 2.5 Gallon tank. Is it pretty easy to regulate the temps? What kind of heater should I get? (ok more than one question already. lol)

Thanks

I just love my mini heater https://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3743+12087&pcatid=12087 it's very stable in my 2.5 gallon tanks :) and just acclimate your Betta as you would any tropical fish :)

I just love my mini heater https://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3743+12087&pcatid=12087 it's very stable in my 2.5 gallon tanks :) and just acclimate your Betta as you would any tropical fish :)

Thanks for the link. That looks pretty straight forward. :-)

• Admin

If you have filter media from another tank you could take a piece put it in the betta's filter, let it run for a few days, test the tank and it shouldnt be long before its cycled :)

If you have filter media from another tank you could take a piece put it in the betta's filter, let it run for a few days, test the tank and it shouldnt be long before its cycled :)

So you think I should let the tank run for a few days before getting my betta?

I would so that the tank is safe. Betta's can cycle a tank but i find it alittle stressful on them :(

Ok, so I will do that. I'm going to get the heater and filter today and hope that they don't have a betta that I absolutely can't live without.. :-)

Thanks for the tip.