How Fast Is Your Air Pump Set At?

Hidr

I put back in my bubble wand. Not all the way to the back this time so the fitler wont suck up so much air. Anyways my pump is adjustable. 1-10 If I do it at 10 it uses the whole wand. When I use it at 3 I get many gaps in the wand. Don't bother me to much to see that but wondering which might be better for the fish? Or does it matter as long as they get the extra water movement? (I am worred about enough air cause of Foster in there.)

Micah is the only one that seems to have a littel trouble swiming with it but she dosn't have any problems getting to her food. Right now I have it set for 1 and lots of gaps but not as annoying. lol

Here is picture set at 3. You can see the gaps. More noticable in person though.

bubbles003.jpg

and at 10.

bubbles004.jpg

Just my personal preference, but I don't like the wall-of-fizz look. If you were running a gravel bottom tank, I'd suggest you burry the wand and then you get nice intermittent bubbles that are large. Since you're going bare bottom, may I suggest a Rio 400 pond pump suction cupped to the upper tank wall (side or back) with it's duck-bill fitting on the outlet and connical rubber intake tube that you can slide a longer piece of pickup tube into in order to pull off the bottom of the tank. This will give you a nice mountain of water on the surface and create some great surface action. It'll also create a good circular flow where the oxygenated water at the surface is circulated to the bottom of the tank. The 400 runs about $25, and they come smaller, down to 50 at about $12ea.

Wow Hidr, does that bubble wand run the entire length of your tank?! That is sweet! I really like how it looks at 10!

Well I personally have my air pump at the highest setting, just because I really don't like how it looks when there are gaps of space where no bubbles are coming out. (But actually since your bubble wand is as long as the entire tank, the gaps don't bother me so much.) My fish don't seem to mind the highest setting at all. But I have a feeling your air pump is more powerful than mine (I have a Rena 300), so if I were you I might set it to 7 or so.

I like bubbles too, and run my Tetra Whisper 60 (noisey piece of junk) at full throttle, feeding 43" of bubble wand burried under the gravel. I don't have an HOB filter, so I don't have to worry about sucking up bubbles.

I am selling my big Whisper 100. It is too noisy and Goldie was hiding all the time! The current might have worn out poor Rog too he started getting floaty:(

Yep the wand is the length of the tank. That is why I got it. lol I have a Coralife luft pump I have had it for many years love it. Not noisy and with the great settings.

For now I have it set on 5 but not liking the gaps at all. But Micah seems to be ok with that setting so Ill leave it that way for now.

I have a Rena 400 on each tank -- they have adjustable outflow, and I keep them kind of at medium/medium-high. If I run them at full power, the airstones start bobbing around from the force and the bubbling gets ridiculous.

I love my Corallife pump!! If I was to run it full out it might blow the fish right outta the tank!! This things like a boat motor!!

But I need to get a new bubble wall thingee cause mine just isn't as good as it once was. Mine is the bendy kind! I'm going to go look up the kind you mentioned!!