My 29 Gallon

Hidr

So I shut down the 10 gallon and moved what was left of the plants to the 29 gallon. I also added some hiding places for the BN babies. Now they can hide from Bully but now I rarely see them. Somewhere there are 8 of them. lol

I used the flash for these and turned off the tank lights. Caling this tanke my Rainbow Jungle. The rainbows are starting to get some size and nice color.

tank29g031.jpg

tank29g030.jpg

The Baby Tears in the 6g jbj are not taking root. I have growth but no roots. So for now the baby tears are floating in hopes I can get some roots and then replant them.

My, how pretty! That's a great looking tank! :) Lots of plants, but not over-planted. And I love the half-pot. Gotta try that in the 10 gallon betta tank for my mother in law, that way it takes up a little less room! The way you have this set up is a big inspiration for what I'm gonna make her tank look like :)

Thank you. I really do think I finally have a enough plants. Now for them to grow in so the top looks full too. I like my half pots. I have one in with my oscar too only a larger pot. The pleco's love to chew the stuff off them and hide in them.

Thank you. I really do think I finally have a enough plants. Now for them to grow in so the top looks full too. I like my half pots. I have one in with my oscar too only a larger pot. The pleco's love to chew the stuff off them and hide in them.

Great! Whenever I move Vanille in with the others and change their setup, I wanted to move Vanille's pot in too, but that would be three ornaments, seems a bit much. I didn't want to remove the pleco's cave though because she loves her hiding spot, so maybe I can get her used to the pot instead, which sure would look nice having only the half pot and the driftwood.

N00b question: what are the plants called that you are using?

In my 29 gallon. Hmm well there are two different kinds of crypts. Red and some green ones. There are some of tiger lilies, some other bulbs I don't remember the names of. Bacopa Australis think there is still some micro swords in there. Three other swords but only one doing nicely. Water lettuce and those annoying Anubias nano's and one other other kind. Oh ya and still some rotala the kind with pink on them hiding in there. But not a lot of that left.

Thanks! With knowing some names I can now google them. Why are the Anubias nanos annoying?

They grow very very slow and have the most algae on the leaves. However you can't kill them I have tried. And keep in mind plants that work for me in my set up might not work for you. And you don't want swords in a 10 gallon tank.