Hole On Head!?

pinkskitty93

My fish has a hole on its head. I'm not sure if there REALLY IS a hole. All I see is somekind of tiny scale pointing up.

Any treatment for it?

I still have no test kit but I'll try finding one.

[*]Test Results for the Following:

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? I change 30% everyday.

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? a 3 inch and a 2 inch comet

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? -

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? i feed them everyday

[*]Any new fish added to the tank? -

[*]Any medications added to the tank? salt for ich..?

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? just somekind of scale on top of their head that looks like it can fall off :D

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? -

Edited by pinkskitty93

I saw that you didn't answer anything for question about the water conditioner and I wanted to say that if you are not using one, you really should be. It's bad to add tap water directly to your aquarium without adding a water conditioner first.

Also, did you say you are treating for ich right now? A photo would be great in trying to determining what's going on with your goldie.

I think its not a hole on the head... I don't know what it is though..

fish0082-2.png I cant take a good picture of them

Is this a goldfish thing? It just appeared 2 days ago. Seriously what is that scale/skin doing on the head of my fish?

:rofl

seriously what is that thing? :o

Yes, their nostrils appear as two "flaps" pointing upwards in front of their eyes/to the front part of the snout. So if that's what you were talking about, then you have nothing to worry about :) Make sure you keep the water quality good though. Did you say they have ich right now? How is the treatment for ich going? Are they getting better?

Yes, their nostrils appear as two "flaps" pointing upwards in front of their eyes/to the front part of the snout. So if that's what you were talking about, then you have nothing to worry about :) Make sure you keep the water quality good though. Did you say they have ich right now? How is the treatment for ich going? Are they getting better?

:rofl:rofl :rofl Silly me

Yes they have ich and its starting to disappear :) Yey!!