Hello, And Help...

Guest Azure Dawn

Guest Azure Dawn

Hello, I've never had goldfish and never really planned too before, but unfortunatly I seem to have obtained one through guilt. My name is Donna, I'm a fish hobbyist, and I've only ever kept Bettas, a few Neon Tetras and Corys. I was told to come here by a few of my friends on my betta board for reasons explained below.

I went to my doctor I go to once a week. Today though, I got an unexpected parting gift...

One of her other clients brought in a fancy black moor. In a vase. Smaller than a betta bowl. I asked her about it and we got to talking about it during my appointment (usually only lasts about 5 minutes) and she was frantic about what to do with it. So I somehow got talked into taking it home since I couldn't just leave it there. I have a spare 20gl long (with over kill airation and a spare fliter I had) that is not being used for anything at the moment (was going to be used for hermit crabs but this is more important) that I'm keeping him in until I can find a better home that is more capable than I am at taking care of him.

My question is, is there anyone in the Triangle area of NC or South Central VA that can take him in? I'm willing to drive up to an hour away from where I am to meet you to pick him up. I'd love to keep him, but I just don't have the room, time, or funds to take care of him properly.

securedownload-1.jpg

Size comparison:

mms_picture_1.jpg

His temporary set up until someone local would like to take him:

securedownload-2.jpg

Guest Azure Dawn

Yes I do, I've been monitoring the water constantly since I do know that goldfish are high waste producing fish, I'm also treating him for some ick he has at the moment. I'm also watching him for internal parasites since I'm pretty sure he's a fish from a bad store.

Edited by Azure Dawn

If you'd live closer to Charlotte, I'd recommend checking in at FINTASTIC, they take fish in to rehome them. They euthanize them after a few weeks though if no one buys them, so this would only be the last option.

Awesome job for rescuing the little fella though!

Guest Azure Dawn

If you'd live closer to Charlotte, I'd recommend checking in at FINTASTIC, they take fish in to rehome them. They euthanize them after a few weeks though if no one buys them, so this would only be the last option.

Awesome job for rescuing the little fella though!

I'd rather not give him to someone who'd euth him, I have a person that I'm willing to ship to as a last resort, but I'd rather not take that chance and just give him to someone local.

Guest Azure Dawn

Hi Azure! I recognize you from UB :) If I wasn't sick I'd drive up to meet you. I so have the room right now. Also wanted to say, thanks for doing a GREAT thing for the little guy.

You'd have to drive through 2 states to get up here! All of SC and 90% of NC! I appreciate it though, if no one claims them by the time you're better I'll let you know :-)

Hi Azure! I recognize you from UB :) If I wasn't sick I'd drive up to meet you. I so have the room right now. Also wanted to say, thanks for doing a GREAT thing for the little guy.

You'd have to drive through 2 states to get up here! All of SC and 90% of NC! I appreciate it though, if no one claims them by the time you're better I'll let you know :-)

Wow...I live in north GA but that would still be a trip lol Good luck.

Guest Azure Dawn

I live in the triangle!!! But unfortunately I don't have any room. Ughhhhh. I wanna take him, but I really can't. :cry:cry I'm sorry. D:

Sadness D: If you have any room with in the month let me know, or know someone that can take them near you.

• Supporter

hi Azure Dawn, i am of no help to the situation being in australia.. but i just wanted to welcome you to the kokos and wish you luck in rehoming the blackmoor. i have two and they are the most beautiful goldfish i own.. i think if you held onto him for a month, you won't want to part with him. moors are so graceful and loving fish. and if you keep him in that beautiful 20 gal tank on his own, there will be minimal maintenance.. just the one 50% water change per week.

:welcome Thank you for taking in that sweet little blackmoor, poor little guy being in that tiny little vase. :( I agree with Stakos, blackmoors are so sweet and very laid back fish. :) If I was near you I would take him off your hands.

Guest Azure Dawn

do you have anything like a free cycle or craigslist in your area???

We do, but I'm not going to use it. I don't want some random person to stick him in a bowl, stunt him and have him die after only a few months. I've taken my time and resources to ensure he has a good loving forever home.

I'd keep him, but I don't have the space for a large enough tank to get him a friend since I know its already fully stocked as it is, and I know they're social fish.

Most goldfish do just fine on their own. They are not like tetras who would feel insecure and afraid being alone. As long as you interact with the fish (feeding, etc.) daily, he will be just fine as a "single child" :D

p.s. Telescopes also can't see too well, so I find that even when they do have buddies, they mostly keep to themselves anyways.

Edited by Sakura