Goodbye Miss Drank.. Hello Zebra..

EdgarTheFish

I've decided that Zebra will be my last betta fish. I've also given up on trying to fix fish that get ill before the end of the store's return policy (tired of losing money on fish in general). So today Miss Drank was extremely pale and she's been getting sicker daily even with daily water changes.. They said that they could treat her (I made sure, otherwise I would have brought her back home) and then I picked out Zebra. I'm not going to try again after this but Zebra seems to be healthy and happy..

024.jpg

026.jpg

029.jpg

031.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

040.jpg

038.jpg

037.jpg

036.jpg

D'awww poor Miss Drank. But I understand you. Although - without trying to make you feel bad - I wouldn't trust the store to treat the female betta. Probably would cost them more money than she is "worth".

Zebra is a real beauty though! I love turquoise-ish bettas! Good luck with her! :)

D'awww poor Miss Drank. But I understand you. Although - without trying to make you feel bad - I wouldn't trust the store to treat the female betta. Probably would cost them more money than she is "worth".

Zebra is a real beauty though! I love turquoise-ish bettas! Good luck with her! :)

I'm not paying to treat a betta that's sick within the refund day, so she'd die here or have the possibility of being treated there. Hopefully they do what they said they would. I like Zebra's stripeys down her side. She's cute!

I'm not paying to treat a betta that's sick within the refund day, so she'd die here or have the possibility of being treated there. Hopefully they do what they said they would. I like Zebra's stripeys down her side. She's cute!

Well, that's why I meant, I do understand that, because apparently you got the fish already in sick condition. Another thing I hate about those betta cups, you can't tell if the fish is resting or about to die.

Yeah, Zebra was the one swimming around her cup attacking the other fish, so hopefully she's healthier. The stripes don't show up as well with the camera flash and shes a wiggly fish.. but they look like tetra stripes? I'm not saying they arent stress, but I do think thats just her coloring maybe.. they look like this:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:BAsq1w17MQYToM:http://www.freshwaterhobbyist.com/images/danio.jpg&t=1

No, those are definately stress stripes. Stress stripes are always horizontal like that while breed bars (which are good) go vertically and mena that the female is ready to mate. I'd reccomend not bothering her too much and giving her a chance to destress a little. Make sure her water is nice a warm (80F) and she should acclimate nicely.

I'm so sorry about Miss Drank :( I was hoping it was nothing and she'd be okay. Hopefully the people at the store will have some luck treating her. Have you gotten all your bettas from the same source? Maybe it's just a bad source for some reason.

Congrats on the new betta though, I hope those stress lines fade soon! She has a beautiful color. :thumb:

they even go into her tail though? thats weird. I've never had a fish do that lol. and yes they're all from the same source but I'm not paying again for a betta.. I did an exchange for the sick one. After this I'm done with bettas.

Pearlsareperfect, you should be a future predictor for fish. Plz predict good health in the future so I can keep Zebra.. her stripes changed when I moved her tank back into my bathroom..

041.jpg

047.jpg

043.jpg

also here's kinda an idea of what she looks like without flash, lots of pinks and greens:

044.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

Playing peek a boo with me:

059.jpg

055.jpg

054.jpg

053.jpg

052.jpg

057.jpg

051.jpg

058.jpg

Also are female betta's ventral fins supposed to be this tiny?

060.jpg

For 2 dollars? Ain't that much! But then again I grow attached to pets quicker than most, after I picked it out I'd never be able to return it.

yeah but being a college student with a dog that has vet bills, a geriatric cat due for bloodwork any day now, plus rent, food, gas, and school costs leaves me about 10$ left, that ten $ bought me one fish, one plant, a pack of rocks, and spring water.. Don't get me wrong, I liked miss drank a lot, she even had her own blog at www.missdrank.blogspot.com but I'm not going to be in debt in my bank account trying to save a fish I've only had for 6 days.

I'll be updating pics of Z tonight :) she's looking much happier.

Edited by ETF_Ava