It's Fish Shopping Day!

Nomi

That's right! The quarantine tank is all set up (and running super quietly behind me) and today is fish shopping day! We'll be going to a couple of aquarium stores that usually have good stock in, but I only plan to buy a fish I love. I'm really only looking for a fish that is bright (red, red/white or calico) to show up in the tank, healthy and around 3-5 inches. However, I would really like a short tail ryukin, demekin or another ranchu!

So what do all of you think I'll come back with today!? Start the guesses! Winner gets, um... invisible internet cake.

I'm very excited! I may bring a camera along to take pictures of random fish if the stores allow it.

Thank you! I like them both too (broadtail ryukins are amazing), but I have a soft spot for short tailed goldfish. That and I do have some branchy driftwood in my tank, so I thing short tails will do better.

Aaaaaand... it's a red/white short tail ryukin! rockwoot.gif

As it turns out, the first store we were at only had a few fancy goldfish in. They only had a big tank of so-so large sized goldfish that were being medicated for something and top sitting, and a new shipment of red/white ryukins. Most of these looked like r/w fantails, but there were a few lookers in there. Including a lovely little guy with short fins and a good hump for his size (about the size of a golfball). He does have a small nick in his dorsal, but with some good care and quarantine treatment that should be no problem at all.

He's adjusting to the temp of the Q tank as we speak. Pictures will be forthcoming as soon as I get home! Or if I can figure out how to get them here directly from the phone...

Picture time!

There was some gravel in the bag, so that's getting cleaned up tomorrow. He is just the sweetest thing! He will follow people around his tank, and is already nibbling at fingers for food!

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

He's so little! heartpump.gif (compared to my other fish).

Thank you everyone! I'm really smitten with him!

I'm not sure at all what I am going to name him. He's probably going to be quite the round boy when he gets larger...