How Much Saki Hikari?

number20121

I'm just wondering a bit about how much I should feed my fish. I got Saki Hikari Fancy Goldfish food. I doubt it will hurt that Hugo and Orange Fishie eat it too (except for my wallet, you pigs!).

But how many of those teeny tiny pellets do I feed them? Since I work, I feed them twice a day usually. Is there a rule of thumb about how much food for what size fish? I'm not sure about the size-of-the-eye rule, considering those pellets are so much smaller and thinner than the Omega One I gave them before. Are we talking about the size of the entire eye, or only the pupil, or the eyeBALL? I doubt the latter considering that Blacky Fishie would either be congested 24/7 or would have to be renamed to HULK after a couple weeks.

CanI technically feed the Spicey, Chibi and Vanille more because they are still growing and still a lot smaller than the other three, or...?

It's not that the small ones get their food stolen by the Hugo and Orange Fishie, since the telescopes and oranda are being hand fed, while the others eat whatever floats to the bottom.

For the small ones I prefer small feedings but more often. I find they grow better this way.

As for number I feed about 5 to my tiny kids (new fish), 10 to my medium kids (ranchu twins and large eyed), 20 to my large kids (Sir Archie), and about 25-30 to the jumbo ryukins. (all 2x a day)

For the small ones I prefer small feedings but more often. I find they grow better this way.

As for number I feed about 5 to my tiny kids (new fish), 10 to my medium kids (ranchu twins and large eyed), 20 to my large kids (Sir Archie), and about 25-30 to the jumbo ryukins. (all 2x a day)

How big are the fish each? Doesn't have to be exact, just so I can sort of compare.

Oh man, I know I am not feeding 50 to 60 pellets a day to Hugo and Orange Fishie, I guess I'm too cautious about over feeding them. :unsure:

I'll try that with feeding the babies more often, smaller meals! Thanks, Federica!