My Fish Likes To Swim Back And Forth..?

pinkskitty93

The male fish is fun to watch while swimming XD

3 days ago they're swimming around the tank all day. Then they got ich because of the dirty water. (and ammonia burn) They were so sad and stayed at the bottom.

But now they look happy :)

I'm not sure if that's their reaction from the dechlorinator though but at least they don't stay at the bottom anymore.

The female is near the air pump while the male keeps on swimming around.

Any idea why they're doing that? Is it NORMAL??

Female fish was just staring at the air pump without doing anything. The male chases her sometimes. :)

Male fish kinda looks stressed or maybe just doing one of those small fishes do when playing.

Yes, I've added salt. 1 teaspoon per gallon every 12 hours right? (thats what i've read in koko's site...)

Am I doing anything wrong to the tank? :o Am I killing the fish!?!?!? Is it right to add 1 tsp!?

hehe... How long till ich disappears? 2 days? 3?

Your fine just keep going the daily water changes and adding salt as needed. Your tank is too small and you need the daily water changes. Also done forget your test kit.

The maximum concentration of aquarium salt should be 3 teaspoons per gallon, worked up to gradually (1 teaspoon every 12 hours until you reach that maximum, like you are doing :) ). Since the salt does not leave the tank until you take it out with a water change, then once you reach that maximum, don't add any more until you do a water change. Then, you only need to add in the same amount you took out. So, for example, if you have a 20 gallon tank (with 3 teasp x 30 gallons, or 90 teaspoons aquarium salt), and you take out 10 gallons for the water change, you just add in 45 new teaspoons of salt with the new 10 gallons of water. Then the total does not exceed 3 teaspoons/gallon in your tank.

(BTW, be sure not to use table salt, as it often has additives--at least here in the US it does)

Ich is a parasite, so the problem is not only the ones on the fish, but any (microscopic) eggs in the in the tank. I believe you need to treat for about a week longer after you no longer see the white spots on the fish, as I think I heard you cannot kill the babies with the salt until they hatch. Did you see this link? It might help! http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/Ich.html

Good luck!