White Cyst Like Spot On Tail

Mumzilla

So my new guy has a spot on his tail that is concerning me. It looks like a zit, it goes through the tail to the other side. It is about 2mm in diameter. It is white and looks like there may be a surrounding white area - but he moves pretty fast. He is too new to know if his behavior is different, but he is swimming and eating, not floaty or tipsy or flashing.

[*]Test Results for the Following:

[0]Ammonia Level?

[0]Nitrite Level?

[20]Nitrate level?

[7.8]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH 15, GH 3 and chloramines 0)?

[drops at LFS]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?

[72]Water temperature?

[80]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running - 2 months with pre cycled media?

[1 hob, 2 80 gallon sponges - one run by air, 1 attached to powerhead, 1 powerhead with filter attached total of 850 GPH]What is the name and size of the filter(s)?

[1x per week - amount depends on readings and time - at least 25%]How often do you change the water and how much?

[4 - 1 10 inch fantail, 1 4 inch fantail, 1 5.5 inch shubunkin, 1 4.5 inch sarassa comet ]How many fish in the tank and their size?

[none yet, but will be starting Equilibrium to bring up hardness]What kind of water additives or conditioners?

[Aqueon sinking pellets 2xdaily]What do you feed your fish and how often?

[He is the new guy]Any new fish added to the tank?

[not yet]Any medications added to the tank?

[see above]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

[no]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

1576.jpg

1574.jpg

1575.jpg

I think the coloring on his fins is natural - it is more orange than red, but I wondered about that as well. I have both Pima and Melafix and I haven't prazi-ed yet. I wanted to get some opinions on what I should treat with.