My New Baby Baby Baby Fantail.

I picked this little one up yesterday. :heart They had been keeping her on hold for a few weeks now until I started to move the fish into the 85Gal and my living room would look less of a psycho fish room :rofl

I never bought fish from this store before - this is the store where my friend works - they only sell goldies for ponds and sometimes have a few fantails (they are always REAL healthy looking). Well, one day when we were chatting to my friend I couldn't stop looking into the tank where this little one was (with 5other buds) - she was SO active and looked SO happy I just had to have her :oops:

Her coloring seems to be a future red and white - so far the white has a blue tint to it. :)

Names are still open for suggestions. I want something that might recall her tiny size (her body is less that 1/2 an inch!) and something that is unisex ;)

best side view I could get since she is in a QT tub.

DSCN3180.jpg

she is starting to get less shy and like me since I throw her in a few pebbles all day long. Boy can this baby eat! (and poop!)

DSCN3186.jpg

DSCN3185.jpg

:heart :heart :heart

EEEEEEEK how cute! That's how it happened with me and Chibi, and here the same with the name choice; something that is based on her size and is unisex, so I called her Chibi :D

Her body is less than half an inch? AAAWWWWWW how tiny is that! Must be like the tiny angelfish I saw at the LFS last night. :)

How about Midget?

Or Mini-Fish? Haha :D

Very cute Federica!

I can't believe how tiny he/she is! My goodness. :blink:

I don't really have any names to contribute though. I'm just loving all this 85gallon newbie news! I may just have to hop on a plane to Switzerland and see them all myself! :D

thanx everyone! SO many good names!

Yea she will be going in the 85 gal - they will be 8 in total assuming the last 2 additions get along with everyone. I might keep her in her own tank a few months so she can put on some inches before she goes in :)

right now they are 5 in the 85gal. I took some more pics today. letme get them up hehehe :angelstaf:

OMG so many good names! how will I choose!?!?! Now I have to go get another 10 of these guys!

She is so cute you guys! I am giving her micro meals all day long - like 2 pellets at a time and veggies etc :D

Today I am starting the Prazi.

Kristi you should see her top fin its insane - soooo nice and tall :whatjust:

I just hope she is a baby and not stunted already. I do think she is a baby tho. For sure she isn't stunted from the store because they had like 5 in an 85+ gal tank.