What Concentration Of Hydrogen Peroxide Do You Use?

I need to swab a mini little fungus spot on Dr.House's fin. What concentration is good for this? I don't want to dissolve her fin away. :rofl

It'll dissolve unfortunately even if you try to avoid it.:( 50:50 dilution.

Any pics of the fin? Fungus spot? I'm not sure...

Edited by Lupin

Oh mine is 3% too! do I dilute it or can I use it? I have no pic it's tiny! But I want to swab it quick instead of salt my newly cycled tank.

Oh mine is 3% too! do I dilute it or can I use it? I have no pic it's tiny! But I want to swab it quick instead of salt my newly cycled tank.

Hydrogen peroxide H2O2 is one of my chemical of choice for many treatments. when swabing a wound 3% or 3.6% which is easy to find in supermarket diluted to 1 part to 10 parts water works just fine. Cotton bud dab directly on the wound or parasite location. after dust the site with mild antibiotic such as streptosil or cicatrene powder. This may be repeated if necessary after 24-48 hour. I have used this many times and it works well.

oh thanx! I have cicatrex powder - I didn't now you could use that! Is it a problem is then it gets in the tank water?

Hi Captain,

With the amount that is applied and the size of your tank I should not think it would cause any problem.we know that antibiotics can cause big problems sometimes with tank cycle balance and that is why dips and baths are prefered if possible.

Always you can treat( dust) fish in a small bowl and let it swim round for a few minutes before returning to main home. there are other products and other ways to treat. But I like the simple,safe and easy ways best, also low cost,quick too.