Pom Poms

number20121

How hardy are these? Not planning on getting one in the near future, but I am curious. They prone to anything?

I've seen some at the LFS that were quite uneven, they had like one small and one huge pom pom. Didn't really look nice. Others were super cute though, like that one chocolate fantail with two perfectly sized orange pom poms.

• Admin

When i had mine the only problem i ran into was other fish picking at the pompoms... Make sure you dont have nippers and that your filter intakes are covered. They are like in a since the Bubble eyes and that the pompoms can get sucked into the filter :(

I really like the choc and orange ones. They have some real nice ones in one of the stores in ticino (where I got the ranchu twins). I never got one because I don't like how their bodies don't get very full as they grow.

I am always afraid of them eating their pompoms by accident. But I think that they are a very hardy type. :)

Oh Koko so it does happen! I always thought the other fish would probably pick on them :(

Ewww. Not sure about my fish and nibbling. The only nibbling I see is Orange Fishie nibbling on Hugo's vent. Makes me want to make inappropriate jokes. :rolleyes:

Spicey sometimes likes to nibble the snails' shells, but that's all.

Ah well. As said, it would be quite a while until I'd add another fish. I just like big varieties and have all my fish look different. :)

I'm still a bit unsure about fish without dorsal, they look handicapped to me, and pearlscales too dropsy-ish. Bubble eyes and celestials I feel bad for.

Are they getting that big? The ones I saw were still small fish of course, but their pom poms weren't getting anywhere near the mouth. Let me see if rain garden has one with pom poms like that...

there we go, most of the fish at fintastic looked like this one http://www.raingarden.us/5912c.JPG but the pom poms lighter orange. Some of the fish were also telescopes, but I liked the regular ones more.

OMG hahaha when googling for pom poms I found this celestial pom pom. He looks like he is trying to check out his pom poms :rofl

http://www.americangoldfish.org/MPKS%20TRade%20Show/MPKS%20TRade%20Show/166654195303_0_BG.jpeg

Anyway, some at the LFS had one of their pom poms longish and practically hanging in front of their mouth. I really didn't like how that looked, but the ones that looked like the one from raingarden I just linked were so pretty.

• Admin

Yeah some of them they get kinda long not fat and will hang down to there mouths. When i had gotten mine her's was small but when she hit about 5" long they were dangling down :(

Makes me want to make inappropriate jokes.

LOL Fang...I'm not much of an expert on Pom Poms but I'm pretty good at inappropriate jokes. Hook up with us at the Late Night Cafe', you'll find a ton of 'em over there! Ain't that right, Helen? :tomato:

Makes me want to make inappropriate jokes.

LOL Fang...I'm not much of an expert on Pom Poms but I'm pretty good at inappropriate jokes. Hook up with us at the Late Night Cafe', you'll find a ton of 'em over there! Ain't that right, Helen? :tomato:

I know, I keep checking on you guys there. Quite some funny, and inappropriate stuff you got there. :D