Color Change

number20121

Well I know fish can change their color, I read on here a lot about the black fading, which currently happens to Chibi's scales, not the fins though. But of her black patches on her side, the one on the left is all gone and on the right there are only two black scales left.

But aside from the fading black, do fish change color?

Spicey is getting lighter. She started out a deep bronze, like in my signature. Over the course of the past few weeks I noticed a few light spots on her side. First I thought she scraped herself against the rock or air stone, but then I saw that it is actually light colored scales. It's a bit hard to make out the color, it seems like a metallic yellow, but she is getting more and more of them all over her now. I don't think it is a disease because she is acting all normal.

So what are typical color changes for goldfish?

My telescope Ren was a bicolored orange/white telescope when I got him from my LFS a year ago. Now he's pure white, where his brother Stimpy was the same orange/white and still is. Don't even ask me about black...HA! :)

Yes this can happen. You can get black to orange. Red to white (Red is turning this way). Dark chocolate to white. (This is alfred's case)

:D You can get all sorts of color changes. Alfred used to be a very dark chocolate brown now he's a very light colored brown with white on his belly. Red is getting random red scales on him and he has a white chin and a orange underbelly. Romano's black has lightened since last year. The pig and Ludwig have remained the same.

Don't call her pig XD

I see. It's funny, just now when I watched the video of greedy Soochi I noticed that Alfred's color looks just like Spicey. Well, you video seems a bit more saturated than the colors are in reality, that's what I hate about photos/videos, they always display the colors wrong.

But anyway, her belly is lighter than the rest of her (yellowish white) and it seems that this rest of her is trying to look like the belly. I wonder what color she will turn into eventually. I just took a video of her; waiting for it to be transferred to the PC.

I just hope Vanille will stay red and white, but if she turns into an all white ryukin, I will still love her :)

:o I think she rather likes the name pig :rofl :rofl

Red and white are more stable so she'll probably stay red and white. Spicy is so pretty. :heart Perhaps she will get lighter for you?

:rofl Dennis you are totally right!

Probably more rare to find a goldie that DOESN'T change color!!

Hershey (once Chocolate..get it?) is now almost completely Orange! The only brown left is the tips of her tailfin!!!

FANG: I hope Spicy retains most of her color!!! That copper coloring is So pretty! I have always admired Spicy's coloring!!!

Edited by Jeana727

Batman Gump.

I just imagined this line being spoken in Batman voice.

Joker interrogation style.

Epic!

In the video (which is now taking forever to be uploaded to youtube) the lighter scales look colorless, but in person you can tell they are yellowish white. No wait, I just checked again and indeed some are white, and some are yellow. Maybe she will turn into a yellow and white spotted fish. That would be cute too!

In the video you can also see where invisible wen is :rofl

As well as a quick look at Chibi's almost non-existing black patches on the sides.

Haha, my youtube account gets flooded with fish videos lately :D

Edit: Jeana, I hope so too, but I kind of doubt it. I think she is one with the more interesting coloring. Looking at her from the front she is not metallic at all but looks chocolate colored. From the side her color changes from deep metallic bronze to bright yellow gold, depending on the angle the light reflects off her. That is what made me fall in love with her.

If her color changes too much I will have to take her back to the store... just kidding!

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Yeah, sure. I'll probably be kind of disappointed too if Spicey turns all orange or white or purple. Well, purple would be cool :D

But it is still going to be my beloved Spicey. I just wish her wen would start growing already!!!

I've had red fish go completely white, black fish go orange, calicos lose their black, and once a red and white fish went all-red on me. As Dennis said, you never know what you're gonna get. ;)

Koko -- if I'd seen your blue oranda when you first had her, I would have SWORN she'd never lose her color -- she was SOOOOO blue! Wow!