How To Gravel Vacumm

us4298

Well throughout the whole time that I have been a fishkeeper, I have kept my fish inside a 4 gallon plastic container with a lid when I could have upgraded to a 10 gallon for one reason: To gravel vacumm. Well I have always kept the container on the corner side of my room(on the floor) and when I needed to gravel vacumm which would be around once every 2 weeks, I would put on the lid and lift the container onto the table and vacumm and afterwards, put it back down on the floor. So basically, that is the only thing stopping me from upgrading. Would there be any way of keeping a 10 gallon tank on the floor and still be able to gravel vacumm??

I do believe that Petsm*rt sells the Eheim battery operated gravel vac that would probably start the siphoning and pull of water in your situation. I would try to get it off of the floor if you can. :)

Here's a link that might help you out:

Eheim Gravel Vac

Yep. The battery operated vacuum is your best bet as long as the depth is not enough to keep the whole thing submerged which is disadvantageous for large tanks. Good suggestion, Den.:)

Thank you guys, A while back, I saw this Vacuum in the pet store which has a squeeze ball to start the vacuuming. Would this work in my situation?

Edited by US4298