Hi

pinkskitty93

Hi! I have 2 pet goldfish. Male and female I guess.

I bought them two days ago and I really got interested in breeding fishes. (they look cute together :) )

Those 2 goldfish just met and I think they're mating :blink:

Hi :hi

Glad you found this place, everyone here is sooooooo friendly and helpful. :welcome

Have your new fish got names? Sometimes they look like they are mating when they first meet but usually they are just checking eachother out! I could be wrong though!

Hope to see you around the forum. :)

Hi :hi

Glad you found this place, everyone here is sooooooo friendly and helpful. :welcome

Have your new fish got names? Sometimes they look like they are mating when they first meet but usually they are just checking eachother out! I could be wrong though!

Hope to see you around the forum. :)

Yey friendly people ^^

I named the female Stella and the male Max.

Max has the white spots on his gills which means he can have a mate?

Umm how will I know how old they are? And do you know any signs that a female fish is pregnant?

:D

Welcome!!

Have fun reading around and asking questions. We are here to :help:

And I hope you can get your babies a filter soonoh -they will love you for it!! :)

Hello,

You've come to the right place, lots of friendly and knowledgeable people here! Welcome aboard! :hi

Here are some answers to your questions...hope they help!

Max has the white spots on his gills which means he can have a mate? Yes, the white tubercules or breeding stars located on his gill covers and also on the front rays of his pectoral fins are an indicator that your goldfish is a male and is of breeding age.

Here's a good link to the discussion:

Koko's Forum- Breeding Spots

Umm how will I know how old they are? There is no reliable way for you to tell a goldfish's age since they vary in speed of growth due to diet, housing, possible stunting, etc. If they are less than a couple of inches long more than likely they are under a year old (or at least under 18 months). A couple of my telescopes that I've had for 14 months are about 6" long from nose to tail.

And do you know any signs that a female fish is pregnant? Your fish will get a bigger belly and look very plump. The male will chase the female around at random trying to push eggs out. Normally males are influenced by females to breed.