Lighting Systems

zeobee

I am getting ready to upgrade my current lighting fixture and I was hoping you guys could recommend some systems you have been happy with. I have a 55 gal tall aquarium (24" deep) and want to add some low light requiring plants in the future. Right now I am looking at a 1,200 lumen LED lighting system but I can't find any information how they do with plants. However, I welcome any suggestions you guys can give me as long as it is incandescent.

• 2 months later...

HEY ! i hope its not too late. LED fixtures are really expensive. i would say you are better getting a High output T5 light fixture. they do amazing. i bought mine a few weeks ago, and man are they doing work! LEDs do generally last forever you could say. but i did notice your older post of this, and i noticed that you dont really have or do not have any live plants to begin with. which then id suggest having T5s instead of LEDs. unless you are gonna get serious with the live plants, and have the money !enough for a bunch of plants and the lights . aquaticlife makes really good lights. both dual lamp T5 and LEDs or quad lights, whatever they call em. good brand none the less