Tobi's New Tank

Sakura

I'm letting my husband set up the 29 gallon tank for our betta, Tobi. He's been wanting to do this for a while. Now that we have space I said I don't care if he sets it up, but I'm not maintaining it. So it's all up to him. Of course I still have to direct though :rolleyes:

j001.jpg

j002.jpg

j003.jpg

I know! I have been wanting an albino longfin bristlenose pleco, and I'm wondering if the betta would get along with one of those. What do you think? I'll also probably try adding a snail or two and shrimp. But it's up to my husband, whatever he thinks would be cool. He wants to make it into a nicely planted tank.

I'm for the Tetras, Sakura! Glowlights aren't real flashy, albino Glowlights are nice too. Bloodfins are good, and even White Clouds would be cool! Larger Tetras are fin nippers and I'd shy away from those with your Betta ;)

Here's Tobi and his tank today. He is loving all the space, and I figured he would. He's always been pretty active and inquisitive. There was a little pond snail in there that I suspect was already ailing, and I'm pretty sure he finished it off today :o Can't be certain though, because I didn't see it happen, I just saw the empty shell. And he had been very interested in watching the snail while it was alive.

Anyways, here's the tank now... I think hubby still wants to make lots of changes eventually.

j09.jpg

You can kind of see his purpley sheen in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry1WdeHOO54

did you hubby do the deco??? I LOVE the white stones in the center! it adds lots of light. extremely nice.

is the little guy not minding the current?

Yeah hubby decorated it by himself. He basically just used what we had in the fish bins :)

Tobi doesn't mind the current at all. In the video above, he just happened to be in the one spot of the tank with the most current! :rolleyes: But the rest of the tank is nice and still for him. He is really loving his new home, every time I look at him he's in a different area of the tank checking things out. It doesn't even seem like too much space for one small fish because he uses it all.