The Water Bill Has Arrived!

So when it arrived I gave it to Mr. UK Becs and told him NOT to shout at me! Then I made him a nice cuppa to ease the shock. :read

I have been taking out lots of water when doing my water changes and regarding the rest of my water useage I just can't skimp on water. I love taking relaxing baths (water right up to my neck!) and sometimes shower twice a day (OCD). :bath:OO

Anyway when he read what it said he was FINE, and I said "Go on tell me how bad is it?" and he told me the direct debit has only increased by £3.00 a month!!!! :nana

I can't believe it, we are on a water meter too. I am soooooo suprised! :nana

Pointless post but just wanted to share and for you all to check out my new avatar! LOOK AT MY BABIES!!!! :heart:wub:

Edited by U.K. Becs

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BLIMEY! That's not bad at all, Becs! Certainly not a pointless post, I'm glad to see ya! :)

I was going to suggest a water tanker truck in your back yard.... :tomato:

Glad it worked out for you!

That or your other fish are seriously tiny...maybe you should put him back in his old 10 gallon for comparison ;) Check out how much bulkier he looks compared to your sig pic, he's much higher, if it wasn't for that saddle I wouldn't have recognised him!

Overall the costs are not too bad. Even all the electronic parts don't cost much. I added up to wattage of the 20 and 55 gallon tank and it comes to 55 Watt. So the power used to light both the tank exceeds only slightly the power used by a regular 50 Watt bulb. The aerator uses 5 Watt, and the filters don't use too much either, the power bill never went up even with the tanks.

im hoping too my water bill isnt higher than the usual, because seeing how i use a python siphon it needs extra water to great water pressure in order to drain out the tank water. and my mom alwasy goes D: because i do it once a week. and thats gallons of water, down the drain. UGH !

Though we don't have water bills to pay, we have to pay electric bill just to pump water from underground and then the appliances etc etc...The electric bill tends to become very steep when I do daily water changes.:wacko:

My hubby figured out the cost once...water, electricity & whatever to run my tanks and all the equipment & he said it was a small price to pay for the enjoyment I get from it!( It was one of those AAAWWWWWWWWW moments!!)

PLUS I, too, am an OCD shower freak!!!! Two a day is my NORM!!!!

Honestly, I pay all of our bills, so unless I say we have no money, hubby doesn't ask any questions. As long as things are running smoothly, he doesn't care about the details, he's just happy that they're "magically" taken care of :rofl

I take a bath 2-3 times a day and probably smell very good.:))

That or you're a PRUNE!!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

I was thinking the same thing :rofl:bath

Where's my koko stick?:wa

I was thinking the same thing :rofl:bath

Where's my koko stick?:wa

In the bathtub maybe ? :rofl

Edited by Quasi