Miss Drank Is A Tricky Fishy

EdgarTheFish

Lil Drank does tricks!!! I went to go feed her this morning and only gave her two since she's so little, when she finished them (it took her a little over 5 minutes) she went to where I had dropped the food in and started SWIMMING IN CIRCLES!!!!!!!!! like tight little circles! the way a dog would do! once she realized I wouldnt give her more she looked at me then swam away!!

019.jpg

026.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

031.jpg

021.jpg

027.jpg

Here's an idea of how big she is

023.jpg

Could someone have "taught" her this by encouraging the behavior or something? Are fish capable of doing tricks or is this just some weird personality thing of hers?

nice red fish! if they do something and food appears several times in a row they are likely to repeat this behavior. But you don't want to make them crazy like a pacing zoo animal!

Edited by Texana

nice red fish! if they do something and food appears several times in a row they are likely to repeat this behavior. But you don't want to make them crazy like a pacing zoo animal!

So if I wanted to reinforce it (to keep from getting a constantly dizzy fishy) I should only reward her with food every once in a while that she does it?

She is adorable, looks just like my little Miss Misaki. :) I find female bettas are very intelligent. Mine have learned to respond to my waving and no one elses. If I'm anywhere near their bowls and I wave my hand they all three start dancing around and going up and down in a wiggly sort of way. But if anyone else does it they ignore them. :D And it has nothing to do with food in my case because they never get any food except at their regular feeding times. I suspect bettas like to interact with their humans just like cats and dogs do, so they learn to do little things to grab our attention. But they did learn to come at exactly the right spot every time it's time to feed them. ;)

She's a very pretty Betta, Crystal! Nice job! And I've read where Bettas are called "personality fish", right along with goldfish. Fun to be around and watch their antics! :Congrats: