Telescopes Without Bubble Stone Help Pls

My house is gonna have a power outage from 8am-8pm tomorrow, I have a 55 gallon tropical, which has a battery back-up, 30 gallon; 1 common goldfish, 20 gallon; 2 telescopes (both 2 inches long). Will all the goldfish be okay for that long without a bubble stone and filter, since the power will be off. I am worried about them and figured someone here could help me.

Thanks!!

What filter are you using? I'd get 2-3 battery operated airpumps and then connect them with corner box filters. These are containers to stuff your filter media in. Get spare batteries too. This will allow BOTH aeration and filtration. And then don't forget water changes as necessary as Jeana suggested.:)

Thank you both, I have not seen any back-up things here in Japan. I am in a rural area and there is only a very tiny fish store. The battery back-up that the 55 gallon has we actually got from a guy that was leaving here, including the tank. I really dont wont anything to happen to them.

No power is, of course, NOT ideal but they will be fine. I have had both my tanks shut down a time or two and remained off all day. Mostly it seemed that the fish slowed way down or slept.

Good to know that they will be ok for that time period. Thank you all!!!!

One more thing, I should just disconnect everything before the power turns off correct? I have all the plugs in surge protectors.

Edited by cloudy_starlight

What type of filters are You using ?

You will want to keep the filter media moist to keep the beneficial bacteria alive . Most hang on the back filters drain the filter box backwards through the intake tube when the power is shut off . You may want to remove the intake tubes so that they dont drain . Another alternative would be to remove the filter media , and place it in a bucket of tank water .

A way to aerate the tank without power is to get a bucket , pitcher , etc. , fill it with tank water , and suspend it above the tank , letting the water trickle back into the tank through a small hole . Just refill it throughout the day .