Q's For People Who Age Water To Match Ph

My tap water ph has been about 7.8 and it goes up to about 8.2 in the tank. I've been aging water for water changes in a tub with an airstone. It seems to take about 2-4 hours. Not a huge deal. But then I'm carrying the water a pitcher at a time down the hall and across the living room... :flex: Do you guys who have been at this a while have a better way of doing this? My gravel vacuum is not yeilding the desired results either, and I don't know if it's just a bad one or what. It sounds like pythons have pretty good suction, but is there any point in a set up like that if I can't use it for filling since I have to age the water? :unsure:

Also, we are on a well and I fully expect seasonal changes in our water quality, so I've been testing the tap water every so often and today the ph was much closer to 8.0. This made me wonder how close would it need to get to the tank ph before aging would be unnecessary? Does it have to match exactly, or is there a point at wich the difference is not significant? :idont

I have tap water of 7.5 and tank of 8.4 :)

I age my water in 40gallon tubs with an bubble wand. then I got from hope depot a pump which is used for floods basically - you just drop it in the tank (with a nice long hose attached) - plug it in and in like 10mins I refill my 40gal fish tank (with a 75%w/c) - it is awesome!

I empty the tanks with a python plugged to my sink - that is also quite fast.

this is what the pump for aging tank to fish tank looks like - it's very powerful and it will suck up all the water to the last cm. :)

My link

I have tap water of 7.5 and tank of 8.4 :)

I age my water in 40gallon tubs with an bubble wand. then I got from hope depot a pump which is used for floods basically - you just drop it in the tank (with a nice long hose attached) - plug it in and in like 10mins I refill my 40gal fish tank (with a 75%w/c) - it is awesome!

I empty the tanks with a python plugged to my sink - that is also quite fast.

this is what the pump for aging tank to fish tank looks like - it's very powerful and it will suck up all the water to the last cm. :)

My link

That sounds very cool. I will have to keep it in mind, I think I have used up the expensive fish equipment budget for a little bit. :oops:

Here is an inexpensive submersible pump for You . You can remove the fountain head and attach a garden hose . Just drop the whole unit into Your aging tub , and no more bucket carrying

http://www.harborfreight.com/258-gph-submersible-fountain-pump-47117.html

Here is an inexpensive submersible pump for You . You can remove the fountain head and attach a garden hose . Just drop the whole unit into Your aging tub , and no more bucket carrying

http://www.harborfreight.com/258-gph-submersible-fountain-pump-47117.html

Oooh. Yeah, that much budget I can probably find! Much less expensive than the ones I was seeing even on ebay. And there is actually a Harbor Freight in my town... Then if I also pick up a waterbed drainer thing I could be all set to go. :idea

the only thing you have to look at when getting the pump 1.the power - mine does 800gal per hr. 2.the power in hight - in the sense that it has to be powerful enough to take the water from the tub on the floor to the tank, at whichever hight that is. Mine has ho problem going up to a couple of meters.

the only thing you have to look at when getting the pump 1.the power - mine does 800gal per hr. 2.the power in hight - in the sense that it has to be powerful enough to take the water from the tub on the floor to the tank, at whichever hight that is. Mine has ho problem going up to a couple of meters.

Ok great! I will keep that in mind. Thanks!

Yes, and the time it will take the pump to fill Your tank . Federica's pump will fill Your tank pretty quickly .If You want to do the job quickly , get a bigger pump .