Looking A Little Pale

flutterbudget

On day 4 of the first round of Prazi, and I think the new baby in QT is looking a little faded. He is still acting about the same and very interested in food. I think I've read that this is not unusual, but just wanted to check.

I haven't done my water test yet today. I will be doing that shortly. Yesterday it was 8.2, 0/0/5 (QT tank is uncycled, nitrates are in my tap water.)

Just tested.

pH is still 8.2

Ammonia is almost .25

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 5 (from the tap water)

My tap water had been testing .25 for ammonia but the last couple of days that is down to zero (yay). I'm using Prime, so the ammonia is bound, but still was showing on the test. I've got the tank salted to .01%, I didn't go higher because of the ammonia in the tap water I couldn't get that to zero and didn't want to mix salt and ammonia. He's been doing a little bottom sitting since I first added the Prazi early Sunday morning, but just for short periods. He's still swimming and playing in his bubbles and eating anything and everything. The paleness isn't extreme, Just some of his colors look a little faded today. He's very little, body legnth of I'd estimate just barely more than an inch. I'm also Prazi-ing another fish an another tank and he's been doing the same little bit of bottom sitting (but he's all orange, so it would be harder to notice any paleness).

Since there has been Prazi in the tank since very early Sunday, if I do a big water change to reduce ammonia, is it okay to not redose Prazi today? And if the ammonia stays out of my tap water, should I raise the salt level, or no?

Thanks!

It should be ok to do a big water change. You can skip a day of prazi. This will allow time for the fluke eggs to hatch and on the next round you can kill them. It's excellent that he's still eating and playing. Very good signs :) You can raise the salt level to 0.2 if the ammonia goes away. It shouldn't be too harsh on him.

I had planned to do 4 days on, 3 days off on the Prazi, so this would have been the last day anyway until redosing on Sunday again. I just wasn't sure if cutting it out half a day early would be bad like not finishing a round of antibiotics or something.

I will do a water change as soon as my water is aged to match ph. Probably another hour or two.

I should have copied the form before and I didn't, sorry. Here it is in case it helps.

[*]Test Results for the Following:

[*]Ammonia Level? .25

[*]Nitrite Level? 0

[*]Nitrate level? 0

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? 8.2

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? 7.8 I haven't tested harness for about a week but GH was 150 and Kh 300+

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops

[*]Water temperature? 70*F

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 10 gal QT, 5 days

[*]What is the name and size of the filter(s)? Cheap Tetra Whipser, I think 60gph. Was the only spare I had. DIY filter cartridge with no carbon.

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? 50%-75% every other day or more often if needed.

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 - maybe just a little more than an inch (not counting the tail)

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime, aquarium salt .01%

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? Hikari pellets, peas, asst. veggies twice a day

[*]Any new fish added to the tank? just the one in QT

[*]Any medications added to the tank? PraziPro for 3.5 days

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? maybe slightly pale/faded colors

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? a little bottom sitting for short periods since adding Prazi