Another Update?! Yyyyyyyup!

dogsbykat

I said earlier that I'd update when I was settled, but I'm just tired and want to be one with my couch, and chat :D Basically, our house in the city was the best idea with the worst timing, but it was still the best decision we could have made ;) Our schedules turned the summer into exhausted chaos, but finding out after almost 10 yrs together that you still desperately want to see each other and be together as much as possible is not a bad thing :D The biggest thing for me is trying to find ways to be happy living in that suffocating little town, though the move to the city has kind of brought back the old pre-depression me, and it kind of p*sses me off that I let other people's attitudes do that to me and I've come up with some plans to change that. Hubby is on board with whatever will make me happy, he admitted after I told him I thought we should sell the city house that he's been miserable and lonely all summer and he missed how well I take care of him horribly, but didn't want to make me feel any pressure to move back to the country. He gets bonus points for trying to move to the city and I get bonus points for moving back, so we're even :D and both excited to start a new chapter, since we've both been slapped in the face by how much we love each other :rofl

Thanks guys :) I'm hoping all goes well and I can keep myself busy and happy. My hubby is a plan ahead kind of guy and I told him that's ok for business, but personally, I need to take it day by day...No more 5 yr plans, dear, b/c with your work we can't make solid 5 month plans :doh11: No more planning for when we move away from his hometown; for the foreseeable future, it is home, and I can't keep putting off being happy until we can leave (we were both guilty of that as hubby would enjoy moving away, too). Spent my last night in the city, moving the rest of the boxes today, and the fish move tomorrow.

Now that I've been home a few days and seeing for myself how Greg's been working, I'm amazed he made it into the city as much as he did! I'm taking this day by day, and so far so good. We're leaving the basic furniture in the other house until it sells and I've moved everything else but the 72 gal and my books. The teles and tropicals arrived safe and sound, though my body is quite displeased with me right now for moving tanks and stands alone :rolleyes: The dogs seem very happy to see daddy every day and they love their freedom when I'm not working. Plus, they're back on home cooking, now that I have the time and they get much more outside time, with the distance from neighbors. I'm going to start volunteering at the food bank next month, just in time for holiday needs, so I feel good about that. Now we just need to get the house in the city sold, so we can close that chapter :)

It sounds like you are doing great! CANNOT believe you moved all those big tanks by yourself! :krazy: without breaking them/or yourself! :bingo:

I definitely feel like I'm getting happier :) That's why we have no regrets over such a big shake up to get here; we missed the real me, lol! Before I got so depressed, I was the fun one, the one who forced people to remove the stick from their butt :oops: You never came to a party at my place unprepared for a game of Twister, or a round with the Hula Hoops or jump rope :D Adults looove being able to let loose and play like a kid, making dirty pictures on the Lite Brite at 4 am :rofl

I really can't believe that I moved those tanks either, but I'm very stubborn and determined :D In retrospect, I should have moved one on each day instead of 2 at once, but I always have the best ideas after the fact :doh11:

I've been a super hero all week :rofl I've been thanked for doing laundry, packing lunch and making supper and been told the house smells clean, daily :whatjust: It may sound very June Cleaver of me, but I think I can make my "happy place" taking care of my family, and volunteering my time to good causes :exactly

Accepted an offer on the house in the city today, still conditional on financing till next week, but we should be moving out furniture by the end of the month. Feeling a little sad, it's real now that the house is sold, especially since I had to do a couple of errands (and answer a zillion questions) around town today. But being home with my hubby is more important, and we're settling back in nicely, enjoying each other more. Aaaand, I have my good friend doing my nails again, so my hands look fab for the first time in months, lol!

• 2 weeks later...

We're moving the rest of the furniture home this weekend and handing over our keys next week. Definitely the right decision to move back as hubby hasn't taken a full day off of work in almost 2 months :doh11: I'm going to be taking over his office, so I'll be busier and he'll have a little more free time.

Aaaaaaand, I'm bringing home my new kitty, Tommy, next week :heart Really hoping he likes living indoors and that the dogs are nice to him!