Looks Like Rai's Gonna Need A Bigger Tank~

rai-nbow

But I'm not regretting this 5 dolla purchase ONE BIT. :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart

It's so rare to find a nice looking goldfish around where I live-- much less at nooppee!! Yes, I said it. nooppee. I donno why. I've never really been that partial to calicos, but something about this little guy made me zone in on him and instantly fell in love. :krazy: He's such a spunky little thing. Well, he's not that little actually. He's only a insty binsty bit smaller than the guys I have now. But I just had to have him and I'm nottttt regretting it~ :heart

Fish1-6.jpg

Fish4-4.jpg

Check out 'dem breeding stars. :heart

Fish3-6.jpg

He's kinda got that dingy stressed out gray look on the way home. I hope he colors back up soon.

Fish2-5.jpg

I just love his body shape. Kinda weird, huh? :rolleyes:

Omgosh, I just love him so much. I DONNO WHY. ^_______^

Any suggestions on a name? :heart

Nope, Wally World. Fintastic? I might have to look them up. Are they a nice store? =o

Edit: I checked out their website. Might have to go on a roadtrip some day to visit them. :)

Edited by Rai

Gorgeous :Congrats: What is your background on the tank? I really like it, too!

Just a pet store background. It's the original background I bought for my first three babies' 10 gallon at Pet$ Mart. :heart

Nope, Wally World. Fintastic? I might have to look them up. Are they a nice store? =o

Edit: I checked out their website. Might have to go on a roadtrip some day to visit them. :)

Oh ok! Yeah, Fintastic is a fantastic store. Pun intended :D

It's like a free aquarium visit when you go in there :D Not a huge variety on goldfish honestly, but they carry some breeds that I have never seen at Pet$mart and Wally World; like Bubble Eyes and Pom Poms, which they both had last Saturday when I was there. Other than that they only had Telescopes, Ryukins and Orandas. And on demand feeder comets, but they don't have them on the sales floor.

Their marine selection is amazing, never was in a store where they sold urchins and morays.

I don't know how easy like Hikari Prazi Pro is to find outside the internet, on this forum I got to the conclusion that ordering it online is most of the times the only way, but they do actually have it in store, 4oz bottle for 16.99 though. Then again you don't pay shipping...

I also got my crushed coral there, they were out of the small bags so the associate got the big 20 lbs bag, cut it open and measured 2 lbs out for me for 2.99/lb. That was really nice!

I love going there just to go there :D Have seen a dead fish in the gf tanks only a couple times, but you could tell it were fish that died within the last few hours, and not in there for days and half eaten. And they put big stickers on tanks with ick ridden fish to inform the customers that those fish are currently not for sale.

They make custom fish tanks, do aquarium- and pond-rental, and offer maintenance of your pond. They got some BEAUTIFUL kois and even some adult common plecos. First time I saw a 18 inch pleco, and it got me so excited :D

This store also takes unwanted fish in. They say in case your fish grows too big and you can't take care of them, to bring them there instead of releasing them to the wild. They will try to find a new home for them (being sold for seriously only a minimal amount of money, probably to bring food and room costs in; in one of those "adoption tanks" they had a biiiig Moor, black Ranchu and Shubunkin each, for only like $ 15 each) and if they can't find one they will "humanely euthanize" them after a certain amount of time.

They sell bettas in (pretty) little glass bowls though :undecided: That's the only thing so far that bothered me so far.

Call him Zing :) cos he zings around!

Aw, but there's already a cute little Zing on Koko's. =)

Thanks guys!! I'll keep you posted on him. I haven't been able to get him to eat anything, but he doesn't seem too upset so I'm not too concerned. Hopefully he'll show interest in eating soon. He's being prazi'd right now. :)

Oh ok! Yeah, Fintastic is a fantastic store. Pun intended :D

It's like a free aquarium visit when you go in there :D Not a huge variety on goldfish honestly, but they carry some breeds that I have never seen at Pet$mart and Wally World; like Bubble Eyes and Pom Poms, which they both had last Saturday when I was there. Other than that they only had Telescopes, Ryukins and Orandas. And on demand feeder comets, but they don't have them on the sales floor.

Their marine selection is amazing, never was in a store where they sold urchins and morays.

I don't know how easy like Hikari Prazi Pro is to find outside the internet, on this forum I got to the conclusion that ordering it online is most of the times the only way, but they do actually have it in store, 4oz bottle for 16.99 though. Then again you don't pay shipping...

I also got my crushed coral there, they were out of the small bags so the associate got the big 20 lbs bag, cut it open and measured 2 lbs out for me for 2.99/lb. That was really nice!

I love going there just to go there :D Have seen a dead fish in the gf tanks only a couple times, but you could tell it were fish that died within the last few hours, and not in there for days and half eaten. And they put big stickers on tanks with ick ridden fish to inform the customers that those fish are currently not for sale.

They make custom fish tanks, do aquarium- and pond-rental, and offer maintenance of your pond. They got some BEAUTIFUL kois and even some adult common plecos. First time I saw a 18 inch pleco, and it got me so excited :D

This store also takes unwanted fish in. They say in case your fish grows too big and you can't take care of them, to bring them there instead of releasing them to the wild. They will try to find a new home for them (being sold for seriously only a minimal amount of money, probably to bring food and room costs in; in one of those "adoption tanks" they had a biiiig Moor, black Ranchu and Shubunkin each, for only like $ 15 each) and if they can't find one they will "humanely euthanize" them after a certain amount of time.

They sell bettas in (pretty) little glass bowls though :undecided: That's the only thing so far that bothered me so far.

Wow! I'll check 'em out someday. Thanks for the info!!!!!! :heart

Update!!

After reading what the possibilities for his grayness and activity, all the treatments said to salt. SO. I started with the salt treatment. And I was really worried pouring it in that I'd just stress him out more... but, now he's swimming around the tank!! :o Sooo. I'm very happy. He's swimming around and even somewhat playing in the bubbles. :rofl I'm gonna try to feed him again in a little bit. He's looking at the top so I think his tummy might be grumbling. Wish me luck!! :heart

Update!!

After reading what the possibilities for his grayness and activity, all the treatments said to salt. SO. I started with the salt treatment. And I was really worried pouring it in that I'd just stress him out more... but, now he's swimming around the tank!! :o Sooo. I'm very happy. He's swimming around and even somewhat playing in the bubbles. :rofl I'm gonna try to feed him again in a little bit. He's looking at the top so I think his tummy might be grumbling. Wish me luck!! :heart

Yay! Or Zippy :D