Sleeping Beauties

Migaloo

I woke up very early the other day... still dark out.

My two big babies looked so cute cuddled up together in the corner of the tank fast asleep, so I had to snap a pic!

(Sorry for bad quality pics)

10102010178.jpg

10102010179.jpg

This is one of the reasons why I believe that keeping a fish by itself may take away a lot of nice things. I am 100% convinced that goldfish enjoy each others company. My two single tails for example spend 90% of the time together. Wherever Hugo goes, Orange Fishie follows her. When Hugo was the first one who started feeling crappy because of the flukes and was sitting in a corner, Orange Fishie was by her side. It really was touching to see them like that. Orange Fishie loves Hugo so much :3

And the fact that they seek each others company while sleeping shows too that for one reason or another they feel more comfortable when together. Goldfish should never be kept alone, unless it is a bully.

Yeah... it was quite an 'awwww' moment LOL

I agree Fang - they do love each others' company - these two in particular always seem to be together - maybe because they are the only 2 big ones in the tank, I dont know, but they seem to have 'paired off' :heart :heart

That is soooo sweet--cute pix. Mine are alone right now cause my tanks aren't big enough. But my bf said he wants to make me a pond on his back patio next spring--can't wait! Anyway the gf seem to be fine alone but yeah with a buddy they usually do follow each other around and hang out quite a bit. :)