So now that my 85Gal is finally cycled and the first fish are in, I have begun to analyze the first obvious problems.

Unlike in my turtle tank where the outputs of the canisters are towards the floor + push the poop towards the intake (her floor is always perfect) - in the goldie tank I used the spray bars for DO. This leads to POOP on my barebottom floor. :stars

SO here is what I was thinking: what if I add 2 water pumps in the front lower corners of the tank that will blow the poop back towards the intakes? It would be 2 very low power pumps, so the fish don't get too much current.

Worries: Can I submerge water pumps so deep? The cable would be more than a foot in water (???)

Does anyone have any tips on how to lengthen the canister intakes? I have them extended to the maximum but that still leaves it about 6inches from the floor.

You should be able to find clear ridgid aquarium tubing in sizes to match Your filter . I just replace the entire intake tube with one piece that extends to the bottom.

They usually come 3 ft long , so that should be plenty for even a tall tank

http://www.petstore.com/ps_viewitem.aspx?idproduct=LE16015&child=LE16015&utm_source=pscseggl2&utm_medium=pscse&utm_campaign=pscseggl2&utm_content=LE16015