Mrs Mutt; Mamma Flap

Trinket

Mamma Flap has undergone another color change. Mohikan thing going on now.

Here she is today (and please EXCUSE the green spot algae, it will get cleaned!) and terrible picture quality..:blink:

Fish074.jpg

Fish091.jpg

Fish059.jpg

Fish073.jpg

Babies: Fish041.jpg

various039.jpg

Fishroom040.jpg

This pic was before the mohikan color change..see thedifference in tail color and most of her head was still black..

Fishroom004.jpg

She's too cute! :Congrats: I am sure she is another fish getting ready for Halloween! It's so awesome how you can have her with her gorgeous BIG babies!

Did they have larger eyes when smaller and then they stopped growing? My Dr.House seems to be growing her eyes only! They are the size of her belly by now! :blink:

eeeeweeeek Hidr get that bug away from me :rofl

Thanks Captain Gal!! Well you probably have a good example of telescope eye there if the eyes are xtra large on your fish. That is the desired feature of telescope eye fish - 2 huge eyes of the same size :D.

Mine all have odd shaped and sized eyes, rather small for their bodies :blink:. <<<<

But yes the eyes do reach max before their bodies do :)

OMG Hidr!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl where do you get those funny avatars?

Imo: I hope they stop growing soon! I will get pics up of her, they are ridiculously large! :rofl

Mamma Flap has very lovely coloring, so contrasting and vibrant :)

Does she have some wen growth on her head between her eyes? :blink:

You have such cute and tubby teles! :heart

Edited by Kateana

Does she have some wen growth on her head between her eyes? :blink:

You know I've been noticing that recently too :blink: Looks like wen! Weird.

So Vibrant,reminds me of my pumpkin before he turned all orange on me ;)

LOL! Yes...I know :exactly

She is beautiful. I really love all of your fish .They are darling!

That's sweet of you. Thankyou so much!:heart

Awwwww, Mamma Flap looks so pretty with her new 'do! And as always, her motley little tribe of offspring are adorable as well. I love how you still think of them as "the babies." :D

Lol. They will always be the babies. Never mind they outgrew her lol - big greedy babies :D.

Thank you! :heart

They all look GREAT, Imo! I'm in telescopic heaven! :tomato:

Good, pics had the desired effect then :D

Hee hee hee! Trinket, how did you come by the name of Mamma Flap? She is soooooooo pretty! :painting:

That is a good Q. When she first came to us- 9 years ago- she would do this fluttery panic like action all the time. It would look so comical as at that time (and still) her pectorals were so tiny cf. to her body, and then she would sometimes flip over and drift and then wriggle up the right way again. It looked like she was making a big Primadonna fuss about a water change. But in fact it was my fault. She was very and has always been so pH sensitive and back in those days I had never checked my pH :o When I did I found it my kH was so low it was making these huge differences in pH at water changes.

Anyway the name stuck as Flapper and got abbreviated and added onto when she had kids..:)

I think Mama Flap is my favorite fish ever. :heart

You are such an extremist :rofl! Love you gal :heart

I am...and all my fish are pissed off at me now!

Tell them they are BEEEEEUTIFUL from me :thumbs:

Mama is stunning, I love the coloring. Maybe one day I'll get lucky enough to have goldfish fry and try rasing them. Awesome job!

Thanks J-pond -Didnt you have pond fish hun? I was sure you had, that has to be the best ultimate fry raising experience. Good luck anyway, it's so much fun.

.I don't think I was ready for goldfish aged 12...feel old?! :rofl )

YES!

Would you please KEEP YOUR VOICE down!:whisper

OMG - I just noticed the bit about the 9 years! :o Thats awesome!! Way to go Trinket!!!

:)) Actually she did all the...eating.:duckk: