How Fast Do Goldfish Grow?

blackteles

• Admin

My thinking is that she may have been infested with parasites, which were preventing her from gaining weight even with adequate feeding prior to coming to my house.

:bingo:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's. A great post thanks for sharing. How would one tell if the fish has been stunted in the past from a being in a pet store. My oranda is not growing like I feel she should. She has one other table mate that is surpassing her by far. They were about the same size and bought about a week apart from different stores. Any thoughts .??

Some fish grow faster than others, even when they receive the same treatment, and even if they are siblings from the same spawn. Think about it. If one child grows faster than another and ultimately winds up taller than the other, do you assume the shorter person was stunted by bad treatment as a youngster?

I've catalogued the weight of my fish since I have obtained them and it's interesting to see them grow, without an increase in the food itself. I have to have enough for everyone so my amounts stay stable. I did end up making more homemade gel food and the growth has been more noticeable since then.

I wish I would have taken photos in the same container for a while so I could see that as well. :teehee

For those of you with instagram if your search #sophiechronicle you can see the growth of one of my fry from a year ago. I put a quarter in the pics so you can get a sense of how big he is getting (named him sophie way before gender was distinguishable). I find if you post to instagram that coming up with a unique hashtag allows you to see all the pics of that particular fish in one click as well as how long ago it was posted.