Two Un-Named Fish

I'm trying to hold off on naming until quarantine is over. ;)

Clearly I'm not good at the fishy photography, but here they are.

This is the first fish. I'm pretty sure he's a fantail. His tail is a little weird, though, long but not very full. And I'm pretty sure he's stunted, since he's about two years old and his body is only maybe 3 inches.

100_3255.jpg

100_3257.jpg

And this is the new baby. :newfish He LOVES bubbles and peas!

100_3233.jpg

100_3251.jpg

100_3253.jpg

100_3246.jpg

They look great! With your good care your fantail should show improvements in size. And your calico (oranda?) looks great too! Good water, good food, and good care and they'll grow for you! :Congrats:

How about flutter and budget?

They're probably going to end up with amusing names. I'm going to let my little boy help name them, but I'm waiting til I feel like they're in the clear. And , yes, the litte one is an oranda. The kiddo picked him out, and I think he did a good job. It's a cute, goofy, little fish.

I love the oranda, very cute! And it looks like that first fish might be a ribbontail. It's a fish that looks like a fantail, but is characterized by very thin and long "ribbonlike" tail fin lobes. :)

Here's an example of one from Rain Garden:

5973b.JPG

Edited by Sakura

Your oranda's such a cutie pie! :D You're much more patient than I... I've already named and measured my two QT goldies! Hope I don't jinx them! krazy.gif Congrats on the new fish!! :D

I love the calico - such gorgeous colours!

I'd never heard of a ribbon tail until now - very interesting and unusual! I think Sakura could be onto something there!!

:Congrats:

Edited by Migaloo