Should I Buy This Tank?

jen626

• Supporter

I am trying to decide if I should buy this used tank or not and am having the worst time making up my mind! So I thought I would ask some people whi know a thing or two!

So its a 120 gallon acrylic with a built in top (openings on top of course), a stand,two Eheim Professional 2 filters, a heater that is the kind that you bury in the gravel, a digital temperature and ph meter, a setup for CO2, a 50 foot Python, custom lights that hang above the tank and various other stuff.right now it is a freshwater heavily planted tank with a little big of an algae problem. There is a small rainbow cichlid, 2 bristlenose plecos, some weird South American pleco and a few loaches. I would most likely find new homes for them. I can have all the plants and gravel if I want it. Most of the stuff is about 6 years old. It will take some cleaning and such so will be some work...but what do you think? Is it worth $400?

Thanks for your advice!

• Supporter

Thanks you guys...you gave me the final push! I bought it. It belongs to someone I know and he just doesn't have time to take care of it anymore. i just hope I do! I might have to get rid of one of my smaller tanks, like the 55 gallon!

Thanks again!@

That is an amazing deal!!! :Congrats:

You're getting so much stuff with it - you must be over the moon!

So excited for you and your fishies - they are going to LOVE IT!!!!!

Getting a new tank is so much fun! :pianobanana

A C T U A L L Y.....I think a big tank is EASIER to take care of than a smaller tank! (That is as long as you get the PYTHON too!!!) Shoot from my quick searching the FILTERS are REALLY expensive!! You got quite a deal!!

Pictures ARE required here, you know!!! I wanna see pics from the beginning (dirty tank) to the sparkling clean one with your goldies swimming all over the place!!!!

Edited by Jeana727