Apple Snails In Goldfish Or Tropical Tanks?

number20121

I kept two apple snails with my goldfish for the longest time because their tank is bigger. Now I had to salt the goldfish tank though and so I moved the snails into the tropical tank for the time being.

Funny thing is it seems that they grew a lot since they are in the tropical tank. The yellow snail's color seems deeper, and they're both quite active. Should I just leave them in the tropical tank then, or put them back with the goldfish?

Yep, the tropical is set to 80 degree. The goldfish tank doesn't have a heater because I live in the south. I'd rather need a cooler :D

So it is.. 76 right now. Really, every time I look over at the tropical tank I see the yellow snail somewhere else. And he is FAST.

I personally prefer to keep snails with a temp no more than 78 degrees. Warm temp just shortens their life span and while it does increase their growth rate, it makes their shells increasingly thin and brittle.:(