Anubias?

shellbell4ever

So my hubby treated me to dinner and new aquarium plants (buy 2 get one free :)) for my anniversary present :) ,sadly it was the one time pet doh didn't have a huge selection :( but of what they had I picked what looked the best and from what I have gathered online they are anubias (they had a small tag saying that but nothing more :() I believe the ones I got were

1 Barteri(Broad Leaf)

2 Anubias Nana

After doing some research on line it says they do best attached to river rock of drift wood,Do They have to be attached to something??I change the look of my tanks frequently, and that includes the substrate ;) I do not have driftwood :( I currently have them in small glass pots with a few rocks loosely holding them down...will this be alright??

I also got a young ruffle sword which I separated for my 2 Betta tanks :)

Thanks in advance for any pointers you might have :)

Yes. Just make sure you do not bury the rhizome or they will die. I like the look of attatching them to big rocks or driftwood. You just tie them on with fishing line or thread and their roots attatch themselves to a rock. It's really quite interesting, but they will do fine potted too.

Yes. Just make sure you do not bury the rhizome or they will die. I like the look of attatching them to big rocks or driftwood. You just tie them on with fishing line or thread and their roots attatch themselves to a rock. It's really quite interesting, but they will do fine potted too.

Yep! And same goes for the Barteri too, because that's also a type of Anubias. It's Anubias Barteri :)