Fish Lips?

Gardenuit

Hi guys,

Things are going well so far since all the help with the salt treatments for the ich, it's working.

What I just noticed yesterday was that my fantail's lips look sorta dirty, or black. He's all orange/gold colored but now his lips are black. Sort of like when someone plays a joke on someone by putting black shoe shine on binoculars and has someone look through it and then they have black circles around their eyes. But his lips are black - anyone know what this is?

Thanks

it oculd possibly be him healing from ammonia burn. If you had ammonia in the water before and he's in clean ammonia free water now the black mark means he's healing :)

• Supporter

can you post a pic so we can see what your seeing? also we need to know the water parameters:

ammonia:

nitrAtes:

nitrItes:

ph:

how many gallons and how many fish in there?

how often do you change water and how much do you change?

Hi guys,

Things are going well so far since all the help with the salt treatments for the ich, it's working.

What I just noticed yesterday was that my fantail's lips look sorta dirty, or black. He's all orange/gold colored but now his lips are black. Sort of like when someone plays a joke on someone by putting black shoe shine on binoculars and has someone look through it and then they have black circles around their eyes. But his lips are black - anyone know what this is?

Thanks

Maaaaann!!! I always wanted to do this as a kid but this never happened.:tomuch:

Seriously though, Stakos has a point. Could you please post the water parameters? How about pics of the fish with its black lips?