Snot Poops?

So I've noticed Brains having "snot poops" a couple of times now, and while I'm not seriously worried, I'd like to know if I should be... Water in the new tank is perfect, and cycle seems established and solid. I've also noticed "floaters" from time to time, not sure whose they are though... I'd atributed them to feeding floating pellets (which will change when I'm out of current supply). These poops resemble the uhhh... "slimy" texture you'd expect to find in your tissue if you had a nasty cold. My fish have never been treated for anything since I got them, but I'd like to avoid chemicals since I have a newly established cycle on my hands...

I can try for a pic... some of them definitly have digested food in them, but some of it is pure mucus. That's what got me to post about it, pooping mucus isn't normal for ANY critter, except maybe snails, lol. This is gonna sound gross... but if you've ever sneezed or blown your nose in the pool (or bath) and seen what it looks like floating around... that's what the "pure mucus" ones look like... the ones with food in them look the same, but with "normal" poop trapped inside the mucus.

Nope, definitly not, I actually SAW her pooping the stuff earlier today. She's been acting normal too, as have the other fish, so whatever it is doesn't appear to be making her miserable... it's mostly just something I'm curious about.

The ones with food bits in them are, but the ones that are just the mucus kinda fall apart in the current, so it's hard to tell if they were at first or not. I haven't seen any today, but then, I haven't caught her pooping today either...

• 2 weeks later...

m'kay... so we're still getting mucus-filled poop... and I finally managed to grab some pics before the fish "played" with it TOO much and shredded it...

Picture67.jpg

Sadly, this is the only pic that turned out even CLOSE to being able to see the poop very well... I'll try for more today.