Ludwig Issues Again

Cynders

[*]Test Results for the Following:

[*]Ammonia Level? 0

[*]Nitrite Level? 0

[*]Nitrate level? 5

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? 7.6

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? 7.6

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API Master Freshwater Test Kit

[*]Water temperature? 74 degrees farenheit

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 55 gallons. 7 months

[*]What is the name and size of the filter(s)? Aqueon 55 gallon and Aquaclear 70

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? Once a week. 80% Sometimes I'll change it twice a week and do a 70% and a 70%

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 large ryukin, 1 "large" oranda (Don't tell her I said that!), a baby ranchu, medium sized oranda, medium sized ryukin.

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? Progold once a day

[*]Any new fish added to the tank? No

[*]Any medications added to the tank? No

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? No

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Ludwig started darting around and rubbed his slimecoating off on his wen and you can see a big patch of missing slimecoat.

So my raingarden ranchu Ludwig is having problems again. He's been flashing and tearing off his slimecoat on his wen this morning when I turned the light on. The other fish are perfectly fine and are having good poos. Could he have parasites? I'm going to quarantien him after I finish posting this. Should I give him a salt treatment?

hey Tay!

Do you happen to have a picture of his wen? If it is flukes - AGAIN - then you can just leave him in the tank and treat everyone with Prazi - as now they are in the system. I did just have to retreat the tank with SirL and SirA a couple of weeks ago as they started to show signs of flukes. I am starting to think that a couple of rounds have to be done every 6 months hmmm...

try and get a pic just to make sure it isn't anything else. :)

Will do. :D He's already stopped but that's what I think it could be. Yucky flukes!

Well I just tried getting a picture of him. :rofl very hard work. But he just yawned so I think that confirms your suspicion. I'll go and see if I can pick up any prazi in the week