Sign in to follow this  
Sakura

Goldfish Connection 25 Watt Uv Sterilizer

This thing is crazy huge! It would fit much nicer on the tank if I had external canister filters, but even with two huge Aquaclear 110's it still works. Here it is...

c012.jpg

c013.jpg

c014.jpg

c016.jpg

c011.jpg

Well dannnng! No wonder he has to charge that extra shipping fee :rofl And it's already all set up by itself?

I've had some problems with my big tank and been looking into uv sterilizers. You'll have to tell me how well it works :)

You have to connect the white tubing parts to the body of the sterilizer, and he doesn't provide instructions for that, just a photo! So you will be frustrated if you're the type of person who likes explicit directions :) But it wasn't difficult really. The white tube parts were all assembled nicely and ready to be connected. Then you run it for a while with a rolled up paper towel where the light bulb is supposed to go to make sure there are no leaks.

:rofl It is a monster UV sterilizer. :yeah: Definitely let us know how it works.

wow... its awesome - well done! :D

How big is your tank hun, kinda thinking of one for my 50 gal tank with two penguins on it :)

Hey Koko, the tank is a 75 gallon :) I'm not sure it would fit too well on a 50 gallon, but it depends how much space the filters take up.

Get one Koko! Blast those little buggers! :rofl

Yup that might be a problem, there isnt much room on the sides of my filters since I have the biggest penguins :o

Well you could always order it and if it doesn't fit properly, you could buy some PVC and cut fittings so that you could put the body of the sterilizer underneath the tank. It would be more work that way, but I think you could make it work out :)

I've had this sterilizer for almost 2 years on my tank. It's amazing!!

Sakura, what do you use to pump water through the UV sterilizer? An additional power head or it came with a power head built in?

Sakura, what do you use to pump water through the UV sterilizer? An additional power head or it came with a power head built in?

It comes with a powerhead.

gunbunny is right, it comes with the proper sized submersible pump that is already hooked up and ready to go!

i just cut my intake pipe into two and fitted the uv sterilizer on that. there were no instructions.. it was the simplest part of the job :bingo: .. plugging it in was different :blink: .. to get to the powersource behind the tank i had to break my neck and stretch my arm, fracture a finger nail, swear like mad and bang my knee in the corner of the cabinet! but it works! :tomuch:

helen are you not having any problems having it in the intake? usually you need to plug it in the output because otherwise they say it harms the cycle (???)

also, how do you calculate the flow rate to make sure it is slow enough to kill the bacteria?

I am asking cause I originally also wanted to put it on my canister, but the flow wouldn't have been slow enough - even on the lowest setting. So then I got a small pump.

Wow, that thing is a BEAST! I've always wondered about that particular unit from GFC, how big it was and whether it really works -- please be sure to follow up and tell us if you think it's improved the health of your fish.

How far from the back of the tank does it stick out? I have canisters and as a result I can have my tank pretty close to the wall.

It sticks out about 5 inches, so you need some space back there :)