Another Water Transition

dogsbykat

So we're going to be moving back to the other house and it's happening faster than originally planned, possibly in the next couple of weeks. The only problem I ever had was build up on the tanks b/c it's harder water. I didn't use water conditioner before (I thought it was only needed in chlorinated water) and I will be using it now. I'm planning to move them and adjust them to the water slowly, like when we moved here, but the teles and the tropicals haven't been in hard water before. Anything else I can do to make it go smoothly or will the gradual shift to the new/old water be ok?

Sorry :oops: The current city water is treated and soft, the country water is sand point and is harder. I had to do larger, more frequent water changes in the country but was able to maintain good, consistent water readings and a very strong cycle. In the city, I don't have to change as much water to get consistent readings. pH in the country is 7.6-7.8, city is 7.4. They'll be moving from the city to the country this time.

No, I've never made adjustments at either home for hardness. When we moved in spring, I did a water change the night before and brought most of the tank water with me and added a very small amount of new water, then did multiple small changes with new water in the first week to gradually change over.