To Buy Or Not To Buy

Bliasuk

thats a pretty fish, What do you mean "is the hump not dependent on diet? " do you mean does it take certain food to make the hump? If so the answer would be no :)

I have read that the hump is fat storage and a high protein diet increases the hump?

thats a pretty fish, What do you mean "is the hump not dependent on diet? " do you mean does it take certain food to make the hump? If so the answer would be no :)

I have read that the hump is fat storage and a high protein diet increases the hump?

You can certainly develop an existing hump with a high protein diet, but I think Koko was saying if it's not there no kind of food is going to create one.

Did you just happen to catch the second one on the bottom? He's not bottom sitting is he?

• Admin

It does help increase it but mostly it has to do with there Genetics, now this fish looks like its about 4-5" long, meaning its basically between a kid and a teen, so yup more protein will help but over all this is the shape of this fish now :)

That making any since ? :lol

yes it makes sense, thanks for the replies.

No he is not bottom sitting, i have also seen a video of him swimming, its just a bad picture. My aquarium has been empty for 2 years, i think i may have found my first fish :D

From these pictures, I would say yes, they are very worth buying! Like others said, they seem to already have good hump development, which points to both goof genetics and good early care. Their fins seem quite strong as well, and theiur color is good. From what I can tell, these look like young individuals, and will probably continue to develope their finnage/humps as they grow. So as you can tell, I like 'em! But what it comes down to, is if you like them, they are worth buying.

That seems an argument by flowerhorn enthusiasts to me. Ryukins are different. Koko is right. That's up to genetics rather than food intake.

Thanks for all the replies but in the end i didn't buy either. I bought 2 different ones, my first fish yipee!!

Both Ryukin, one is white with black freckles, the 2nd is black and gold. Will post pictures shortly.