Fish Bowls...

omg... lookit what I started! lol, this is AWESOME guys! I like where this is going, and it's a great idea... We should DEF do something like that!

I have no idea how to get it started, but I will definitely donate time and art work if we do :) Really, we need a facebook page, items to sell, and someone to organize the proper use of funds for advertising and awareness. We'd need someone from a country that has already banned them to point us in the right direction of who to focus on to make changes happen.

I dunno about banning bowls, but I have been given the green light from Koko to start a "Bowl Art" photo contest next month!

I am working on rules now, and will post starting in October. :)

Start thinking up ideas now! :)

Oh when I was working at a pet store, a customer came in asking for a larger plastic fish bowl. We didn't have any, but she told me she wanted to use it for her son's astronaut costume for Halloween! It was going to go over his head as the face shield thing! :) I thought that was neat.

Maybe just me but......there's TOO much "Banning". Educating, in my opinion, is a better avenue. I don't like the idea so much of saying this product CANNOT be used or even sold. People should have responsbility.

I once had one in my big tank and the goldies liked to get in it...it was laying over on it's side. Sometimes one would be in it and one..or even two would be "in line" waiting their turn!!! When I had Big Boy, a big Oranda, I called it his "dog house"!

I once had one in my big tank and the goldies liked to get in it...it was laying over on it's side. Sometimes one would be in it and one..or even two would be "in line" waiting their turn!!! When I had Big Boy, a big Oranda, I called it his "dog house"!

That is just too cute! :)

They make nice decorations if you fill them with sand, a couple seashells and a mini fake plant. Or sand and a couple mini cactus.

:o They make cacti that are aquarium safe?!? WANT! :D:krazy:

I suppose this depends on what size bowl we are talking about here since they range in size up to ( I think?) 5 gal/ \

The larger fish bowls could be used similiar to smaller aquariums.

The ones on the smaller end of the scale:

- Plants.

- Shrimps.

- Live fish food.

my mom once bought me three bamboo stalks once, wanting me to put them in my aquarium. i told her that the bamboo would die if completely submerged, but she didn't have the receipt. so out came the old betta bowl...i added some left over gravel, planted the bamboo, and then filled it half way with water. the bamboo grew so much it actually looked kinda ugly with random leaves and shoots going everywhere.