My Tank, Hoping To Add More Plants When I Can

claire_uk

This is my tank, I have taken the internal filter out to give them more room, plus the other external holds more beneficial bacteria! I want to get another piece of wood, but have yet to see one that I like that is as small as the other piece. When I have some more money I want to get some more Cabomba in green and red, and another Anubia, different spieces, for the other piece of wood. Maybe some Vallis and Amazon Swords.

107.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

It isnt actually as narrow as it looks!

114.jpg

My apple snail, Magners!

114.jpg

116.jpg

Thank you, it is 56 US gallons, but its long and shallow as opposed to high. Mine did not like the higher tank that they used to have.

I prefer it with the gravel and small granite stones. I think that plants enhance a tank, and also its a free salad bar for my hungry bunch!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! We have the same shape tank then, mine also is 55g long. I think goldfish prefer this over a high tank. Higher tank only work well for small tropicals I think.

We also have the same taste in setup. I want to add some more plants to the tank but so far couldn't find any potted ones. Neither Wally World nor Pet$mart nor Fintastic carries them, but I have only a very thin layer of gravel and so I can't really plant the plants. Right now a veggie clip is holding them in place.

Anyway, your tank is beautiful and so are your fish! I would love to see a video of it! :)

I love your set up. :) Very natural looking and your fish are sooo big they certainly must love all that swimming space. I second Fang, A video would be great. :)

Sorry completely forgot to check back in this thread! lol

Elsie I have had the loachs for about 5 and half years I think, all the others I will have had 4 years in January, but I think Mika is a bit older than that.

I have now added another piece of wood for the loachs to hide under as it was a bit cramped under just one! I like the large stones, they are granite I think. I prefer natural, and plants!

I used to have a tall tank and they really didnt like it, this tank is much better for them, and they prefer the longer ones. My plants dont stay in the little pots very long, Mika is the biggest culprit for pulling plants up! I couldnt have them planted in the gravel either. I like the pots though, easy to just throw some sponge rounf the stems and put in the tank, as I know they wont stay in place too long! I have Anubias attached to the wood though, which do pretty well. I have a flower on one right now.

Thank you for all the nice comments, I will try and get a video of them soon, once I have given the glass a bit fo clean! I have also added a blue background that can be seen in the photo section-Quick photo shoot.

very nice tank. and very big and beautiful goldies :painting:

. My plants dont stay in the little pots very long, Mika is the biggest culprit for pulling plants up! I couldnt have them planted in the gravel either. I like the pots though, easy to just throw some sponge rounf the stems and put in the tank, as I know they wont stay in place too long! I have Anubias attached to the wood though, which do pretty well. I have a flower on one right now.

I was wondering how you kept your plants planted in the pots. Apparently NOT. :rofl just like mine ;)

Edited by Quasi

Thanks guys, yer they really dont stay in the pots long at all! I cleaned the tank out this morning, replanted, and now they have dug half of them up. But I have bought a huge Amazon Sword this afternoon and split it in two, the leaves are massive on it and it looks very healthy. I shall get pics when I have some recharged batteries.