Pico Build

caitie

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone. :) This is quickly becoming my favorite tank, I can't wait to add in some living creatures.

Oh wow!!!! I think my plans for a 6 gallon LRw crabby things just went out the window...I better start saving for a light unit! It looks fantastic! I love the mushroomy things! (see how amazing my marine vocabulary is?!) :rofl

Actually Sarah your right they are called mushrooms. In the pico I have red ones and a blue/purple one. The 4 brown ones in the center at the back that have little bubbles on them are called ricordia mushrooms and those ones can eat stuff. I usually feed them little pieces of raw shrimp.

• Admin

I was showing TD your little tank and I was amazed I still know all the names of the corals you have, cause I know the ones in the middle werent your normal mushrooms they are "ricordia mushrooms" WHOOT!!

I will have some please :)

If I could they'd be on the way now Sarah! :rolleyes::D

Also they are more aggressive than normal mushrooms, I found out with them cause they moved to my Xenia and melted it :cry

Wow Koko, mine never did that, but I have noticed that they really irritate my leathers and the regular mushrooms never settle near them. Them shrooms are smart. ;)

they must be greek!.. we have a lot of agression!!... hmmmmm... i shall go hunt me some brekky.. :feedme

:tomuch:

Ah yes an update. Due to some sad circumstances in the last few days the pico has been totally neglected. No wc since tuesday, I only did some top offs every day to replace the evaporation. I was pretty sure it would be in a horrible state today but no it is doing very well. :) I will try and get a picture up tomorrow.

Well after having been neglected for a week I tested the water and I'm really amazed.

Ammo: 0 Nitrites 0.1 Nitrates: almost 20

So the nitrates were way too high in a reef they need to be 0 or as close to. But everything is still alive and I even have a spaghetti worm in there now and I saw one or two copepods. That's really cool it means the reef is starting to produce some living creatures. :)

I will post some new pictures soon.

The critters I believe lay eggs or what not in the liverock. When conditions are good they appear. :whatjust: The nitrates I will need to do daily wcs. :)

Me too! We leave a magnifying glass right by the pico. :rolleyes: Even my dad spends a ton of time in the kitchen now. :D

Here is a picture from today :

pico277.jpg