I Want To Build An Artificial Rice Patty For My Betta With Real Rice. I Need To Know What I Need...

oeyjay143

Oh don't do that, that'd be a bit much and way too expensive. They really don't literally live in rice paddies, they usually live in pools and can be found in rice paddies, but that'd be too hard to upkeep. If you really want to make it natural you can add almond leaves to the water.

Oh don't do that, that'd be a bit much and way too expensive. They really don't literally live in rice paddies, they usually live in pools and can be found in rice paddies, but that'd be too hard to upkeep. If you really want to make it natural you can add almond leaves to the water.

no, this would be in a small container lol Im not building a huge one

How small of a container? Wouldn't it be harder to do something like that in something small? The betta will want as much space as possible contrary to popular belief.

Edited by Haruka

Bettas only find themselves in small pools of water in a rice paddy until the paddy floods again...they don't permanently live in a puddle. You could set up any nice planted environment for your betta and it would still be natural.