"assorted Oranda"?

emptysky

I found this guy in a tank labeled "assorted oranda" in a store where the goldfish are usually beautiful, well-taken care of, and mislabeled. The tank also had 2 orange fantails and a calico fantail that did not have the longer, flowing tails, and a calico ryunkin. So not an oranda in there, as far as I could tell.

I am thinking he is a fantail also? He has a little pom-pom thing over one eye like my red cap does, but no trace of a wen.

sfjlo7.jpg

2nc0xl2.jpg

THAT is a gorgeous fish! That tail....I am a sucker for a long beautiful tail like that. Nice score, fantail? Whatever-I would steal it in the night if you were closer. Just sayin'.

Thanks guys!

I am glad his sparkly scales showed up in the picture, they're so pretty. And I am terrible at taking fish pictures, they're usually a blur. I was going to another store where I'd seen a really pretty ranchu and a big calico oranda before I got my tank set up, so I assumed they normally carried those fish. My tank is finally ready for another fish, I drive 100 blocks to the store and not a ranchu or oranda of any kind in sight. The huge oranda's tank had been converted to cichilds. So annoying to go in a store with dozens and dozens of tanks, only to find maybe 10 goldfish in the whole place. I left there disappointed and only stopped at the other store because it was on the way home and I'd already driven so far to get there, but this guy made the trip worth it.

• Admin

You know guys, I might give that fish time, if you look at the back part of the back going to the head you will see a slight raise going to the head, meaning there is a slight wen growth.... Maybe :)