Sign in to follow this  
Sakura

Momo Pineconed Again

Just wanted to give you guys a little update. Isis had another injection and a 100% water change today, but she's looking worse than ever. She just keeps getting more bloated and uncomfortable looking with each day. I'm almost certain she won't recover, but for now she's still eating at least. I'm going to email the vet soon and see what she has to say.

c010.jpg

Poor beautiful girl. She's a fighter for sure. Even in sickness she stays so beautiful. I hope the vet has some advice for you :(

Edited by Haruka

Sakura, have you mentioned your hardness levels before? If so, what are they?

Lupin why do you ask? The water is fairly hard, I can't remember exactly but the KH is at least 130. pH is always stable at 8.4.

I am suspecting soft water may contribute to this. Haruka was asking me about your fish's issues and we tried to trace back where the issue may have come from. In dropsy cases, I would add 250 ppm calcium chloride or maintain it that way. This would help reduce the energy to osmoregulate. See if that helps. Hopefully, it'll allow the bloating to subside.

Are the gills still red or pale?

No, I don't have soft water. The water here is very hard actually.

I've already been maintaining a .1% salt concentration on the vet's recommendation to help osmoregulation. I have it under control, no need to worry. :)

Oh, that's good! That's what I was thinking too about the salt. Are the gills still red?

Sakura the other fish have been acting Ok though right?

I hope she gets better. You've done so much to help her