Momo Pineconed Again

Sakura

Peach has flipped completely upside-down and is sitting like that at the bottom today. She can't stay upright for some reason. It's like there's a bobber stuck to her underside and causing her to flip perfectly upside-down. I'm thinking maybe some infection is messing with her swim bladder... I actually thought she was dead when I got home and saw her like that, but then I finally saw her take a breath. She is still slightly bloated and scales slightly raised. Momo still looks really bad, and he's been bottom sitting all day and breathing heavily. Yes, they are getting metro food, which has not helped at all. They are still eating- although they require a lot of help being guided to the food. They look miserable. I just added epsom salt, but I'm a little doubtful it will help. Temp is at about 79F. There are three air stones in there now, and still the cycled sponge filter is in there.

In the main tank everyone is doing about the same as before, except those lateral line furuncles keep popping up on Isis and I think the scales behind her gills are slowly starting to raise. D:

I need to test the water, but once again classes and studying kept me too busy today. Hopefully tomorrow :undecided: It is terribly sad seeing them all like this.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw Sakura,how awful for you and your babiesundecided.gifIt seems like something must be going on w/ your water for this much to be going on all at onceundecided.gif A thought occurred to me-did any of this begin after you added the water lettuce?

Nah, the problems began before I added the water lettuce. I'm thinking either it's a problem with my water, or maybe Ino and Padme were carrying something that got passed to the others. I did start QTing them, but I had to cut it short. They seemed totally healthy though, it's strange.

The M2 has not arrived yet, which is frustrating. Normally when I order from Drs. Foster and Smith the package gets here within a couple days, but this time it's taking longer. I emailed them and they said it would be here by the 17th. I think it will be too late for Peach and Momo, but I will probably use it on Isis. She has a red blotch on the bottom of her belly today. :( Momo has flipped over on his side at the bottom and Peach is still upside down. They look absolutely terrible you guys, I can't stand seeing them suffer like this.

Thanks Susan, I know it's so confusing :( I don't really think there's anything wrong with the dechlor. I thought Momo was dead just now, but he's still just barely alive. He's not breathing anymore, but when I lifted him up with my hand he moved ever so slightly. He's literally about to die. His mouth and gills are quivering a little bit, I wonder what that means... Maybe I should use the clove oil to make it quicker for him. But it seems like he will die before I even have it all prepared. :( Not sure what to do...

Aw Sakura,I'm so sorryheartpump.gifcry3.gif I wish there was something I could say to make this easier for youundecided.gif I know how much you love your babies,and you have had more than your fair share of losses lately00001649.gifAll I have to suggest is that you focus on your healthy fish,and I fear that sounds trite hereblush.gif I know what it's like to lose several fish in a short period of time-that's how the ulcers were for me,and it was just awfultantrum.gifI felt helpless and powerless,and ready ti give upSubmit.gif It is behind me now,but I felt unfit at the time-'what am I doing wrong'doh11.gifHang in there,Sweetie,and this too will be behind you at some pointfish.gif

Thank you so much guys :heart

btw I just tested params in the main tank and they look good.

ammonia: 0

nitrite: 0

nitrate: 10

pH: 8.4

And copper is still at .15 ppm

Edited by Sakura

Oh my gosh Sakura I don't know what to say. This is just horrible! I am so so sorry! :heart

have you checked your filters? How are the others? And Peach?

Thanks Federica. :heart Yeah, the filters are fine. Toad, Padme, and Ino seem okay for the most part. I noticed Toad swimming really fast today like something was maybe bothering him though. No flashing, just swimming fast. IDK. Isis is getting a little worse each day. I've been swabbing her weird lateral line furuncles just about every day with HP. She also had a bright red sore on her belly today that I swabbed with HP. I can't lose her too, I just can't. Just waiting on the M2, I think it will help her a lot. When it gets here I think I'll separate her in a 10g tank and treat her alone there, unless any of the others get sick too. So far she is not pineconed, but the scales behind her gills look like they are on the verge of lifting.

Peach is not good, I don't think she will make it. She's sitting upside-down on the bottom of the QT tank still, not moving much, and with very labored breathing.

oh boy. it is so weird. I wonder where it came from!? Is Loki good tho in her separate tank?

I also think the Maracyn will help. Are you going to put both in together? I am wondering if maybe it would be a good idea to switch to Jungle AP from the Metro. You would keep the Metro but add all the other ingredients of the Jungle. Maybe it is worth a try on Peach atleast? How long has she been on the Metro? Otherwise, maybe it would be even better just change it up and do MediGold? I think MediGold is very good for bacterial infections too. I think you can switch if they have done atleast 10days on the Metro.

Thanks Susan, I know it's so confusing :( I don't really think there's anything wrong with the dechlor. I thought Momo was dead just now, but he's still just barely alive. He's not breathing anymore, but when I lifted him up with my hand he moved ever so slightly. He's literally about to die. His mouth and gills are quivering a little bit, I wonder what that means... Maybe I should use the clove oil to make it quicker for him. But it seems like he will die before I even have it all prepared. :( Not sure what to do...

Sakura, I'm so sorry about Momo :(

I've been reading so much about Momo and I know he was a special one.

When Ponyo went first, I saw his lips quiver rapidly just before he took his last breath.

The same happened to Pumpkin seconds before she faded away, I saw her lips quiver also.

Hoping and praying that the rest get better.

Stay strong.

I am so heartbroken for you, Sakura. You are such an amazing fish mom and are having such a terrible run of luck. Your water looks good now and as the copper isn't doing anything I would get it all out of there. It may be too much for the week fish. Hugs.

Thank you so much to all of you. I want to respond to everyone individually but there are so many of you! Thank you :heart

I have more bad news though... I just got home to find that Peach has now died. RIP little Peachy, you will be greatly missed. :cry1

Thank you so much to all of you. I want to respond to everyone individually but there are so many of you! Thank you :heart

I have more bad news though... I just got home to find that Peach has now died. RIP little Peachy, you will be greatly missed. :cry1

Oh, I so sorry for your lost .261-1.gif

Sakura

Im so sorry to hear about Your Fish Kids.I know that You have been doing everything that You could for them,and it is so frustrating to watch them suffer and not be able to help Them.You are surounded by so many People Here that care about each other,and Im touched by the outpouring of support that Everybody is offering You.

There are good People Here! :grouphug